Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Do I dare wear my beautiful leather a line skirt for work tomorrow?

(45 Posts)
Romcom Tue 02-Dec-14 19:04:12

I know...first world problem grin
I recently acquired a beautiful, butter soft oxblood leather a line skirt from mango (via ebay). I adore it, but have not worn it. Don't go out much in the evening (2 young children) and it seems a bit OTT for work.
Thoughts? I work in a non corporate environment where people dress smartly but not suit smart. I would team with a fitted sweater and grey shoe boots smile

TheRealMaryMillington Tue 02-Dec-14 19:04:48

sounds gorgeous

SantyClaws Tue 02-Dec-14 19:05:16

no point having it if you're not going to wear it - gwan..... grin

WowOoo Tue 02-Dec-14 19:06:10

Well Stella Gibson had one on for work wear. I think you should.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Tue 02-Dec-14 19:09:33

Sounds like a great outfit!

Only thing that would stop me is it would then become workwear in my head and it wouldn't be special if I did wear it for a night out.

FrugalFashionista Tue 02-Dec-14 19:11:01

Leather skirts are the new basic, really easy to wear. Yours sounds gorgeous, go for it!

Gunpowder Tue 02-Dec-14 19:12:33

Wear it!

Chottie Tue 02-Dec-14 19:13:56

I would wear it too. It sounds gorgeous, what are you saving it for?

Redtartanshoes Tue 02-Dec-14 19:14:38

Oooh you've just reminded me I have one somewhere that I bought in NYC about 10 years ago... No idea where it is... I need to find it though. Now

MilkThistle187 Tue 02-Dec-14 19:19:17

God, yes wear it and enjoy it. No point in having it stuck in the wardrobe!

RonaldMcDonald Tue 02-Dec-14 19:40:58

v jealous..I look like a standard lamp in a line things

wear it

Floisme Tue 02-Dec-14 19:44:05

Oh God wear it. I could weep when I think of all the lovely clothes I never wore because I was 'saving them for best.'

Pastperfect Tue 02-Dec-14 19:44:35

On if my team wore one last week. We are pretty corporate and hers was black and teamed with a tight cream jumper - she looked amazing and I could have died of envy

CooCooCachoo Tue 02-Dec-14 19:46:15

Wear it wear it wear it! Sounds lovely, quite jealous and off to google Mango skirt......

Pastperfect Tue 02-Dec-14 19:52:41

My point was you should definitely wear it grin

Ujjayi Tue 02-Dec-14 20:08:37

Another vote for "wear". smile

Sounds gorgeous. Please don't save it for special occasions. Wearing lovely clothes for every day is positively life enhancing grin

SwedishEdith Tue 02-Dec-14 20:22:26

Agree about not saving things for best. But also agree that once you've worn it for work it becomes a relegated item. But if you don't go out much it'll end up being the thing you always wear every time you go out. So wear it. grinenvy

divingoffthebalcony Tue 02-Dec-14 20:28:27

That sounds gorgeous. Wear it, love it. Such a waste otherwise.

Floisme Tue 02-Dec-14 20:31:43

I'm trying to re-train myself to wear my nicest clothes for work. I think it's far more effective because:
They're on show for a whole day.
It's not dark.
Nobody's pissed.

ameliadoop Tue 02-Dec-14 20:35:51

Never save things for best! It sounds lovely, wear it!! (That's an order.)

Romcom Tue 02-Dec-14 20:53:06

THanks everyone, I'll go for it!
I'm a big believer in not saving for best, and always wear most of my wardrobe. This is more a shyness thing, like it seems a bit show offy to wear a leather skirt to work! But you've all given me the confidence to go for it.
Will report back tomorrow!

Greengardenpixie Tue 02-Dec-14 20:56:28

I have a leather skirt too and wondered the same!!!! I think i will wear it cause i hardly get a chance any other time with kids and that. Wear it!!! smile

southeastastra Tue 02-Dec-14 21:01:46

wear it! i just bought a bottle green leather pencil skirt and i'm going to wear it for just lounging around in, am like you have tons of nice clothes but wear dead boring greys/blacks for work.

Romcom Tue 02-Dec-14 21:19:31

Sounds like there will be lots of us in leather skirts at work tomorrow <strokes leather lovingly>

tanya1010 Tue 02-Dec-14 21:45:37

Yep, i vote wear it too. Sounds gorgeous. Now decided it is my black one and tight red jumper for work for me tomorrow now too ! Thanks for inspiration

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: