Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a nice up-do for wedding that is fringe-friendly!

(3 Posts)
FeelingIrie Tue 02-Dec-14 16:11:58

Hi,

I am going to be a bridesmaid for my sister soon and she's asking how I would like my hair doing, which is wonderful - I love getting my hair put up for weddings. She wants to send her hairdresser some photos of the sort of thing I fancy and I'm really struggling. I definitely want it up, it's fine and shoulder length, generally pretty rubbish hair - sadly not my crowning glory! I also have a fringe, which is what is causing me the problems. I struggling to find pictures of nice up do's that include a fringe, the only styles I seem to be able to find are Audrey Hepburn-sequel beehives which I like but have had done before.

When I got married I didn't have the fringe and had a 'do' based on the pics attached, and it turned out beautifully. But I cannot envisage these with a fringe incorporated. Am I being daft?

So... if anyone has seen any great, not too-frilly/fussy up-do's with a fringe that might work on my crap hair, please do share!

twobambinos Tue 02-Dec-14 16:48:34

What about the donut things u pull hair thru and the hairdresser could pin the hair around it in a rope style it wouldn't have to be very long at all. I has this style done and I have a fringe. Get them to leave a bit of the hair behind the fringe out until the end and they can soften the harsh bun look .

FeelingIrie Tue 02-Dec-14 19:08:21

Thanks twobambinos, that sounds nice. I have tried to use one of those donut things before, they're pretty good. Although I do feel that if a hairdresser is being paid to do something with my hair I would quite like something more elaborate/that requires skill. I'm amazed what hairdressers can create even with my fine hair so I would like I make the most of the opportunity!

I will keep googling images but if anyone has any inspiration please do post!

TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now