Talk

Advanced search

Help accessorise this dress for the evening-do part of a wedding, pretty please?!

(5 Posts)
chocolatereindeer Tue 02-Dec-14 12:39:12

Please help, I've been invited to the evening do for a December wedding, this is the dress which I've already bought.

I'd like something to go with it to cover my wobbly arms. A cardigan is probably a no?

I was thinking of wearing some nice, very dark brown heels that I already own, which would go nicely with this. They are kind of court shoes but with two thick dark brown straps that cross the top of the foot. They're nicer than they sound, promise!

Should I find a different belt, darker perhaps? Coloured might be nice but I've got a bit of a tummy (obviously I'll have my bridget jones pants on!)

Also, what about tights. Can I wear black ones with this?

Thanks so much in advance, I've no idea!!

nottheOP Tue 02-Dec-14 12:42:20

I think nude tights and something like this round your shoulders wouls look very winter weddingy https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/210369936/luxury-faux-fur-stolecollarwrapshrug-in?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=brown+fur+stole&ga_ship_to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

chocolatereindeer Tue 02-Dec-14 17:13:06

Oops tried to reply earlier, must not have clicked send.

I really love the idea of that furry wrap thing, it looks really nice but I'm not a dressing up person really, think I'd feel weird in something so glamorous!

FauxFox Tue 02-Dec-14 18:40:57

Nude tights, black patent heels, black bolero cardi and replace the brown belt with a wide-as-will-fit-in-the-loops black satin ribbon tied to one side at the front or centre back in a bow.

I think a bright clutch (and possibly matching nails) would be fun too.

chocolatereindeer Tue 02-Dec-14 22:30:07

Oh wow I really love that bag, thank you.

I've got some black shoes too so I'll try it on with those and see. It's probably not going to match with the brown anyway.

Yeah a bolero is the way to go I think, though I'll probably get drunk and lose it, but at least I'll be warm arriving! ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now