Talk

Advanced search

Hairdressers in Central London

(5 Posts)
Girolle Mon 01-Dec-14 23:05:00

I despair of ever having a decent style. I am not asking for much. The only criteria is my hair is wavy/ curly, fine but there is a lot of it and is currently below chin length. I am olive skinned with brown eyes. It is naturally dark but I need to dye it now owing to creeping greys.

I live in Herts but just cannot find anyone who listens or understands it. I really am not asking for much. I know I haven't got Kate Middleton hair etc. I just want someone who can give me a fabulous cut that looks fresh ( in that sort of seemingly effortless natural way the French do) rather than frumpy and who can give me a fabulous sophisticated chocolate colour without a halo of red in it or blonde highlights.

I'm prepared to spend some £ on it in the new year just to see if it is possible to love my hair. Any recommendations gratefully received!!

Amethyst24 Mon 01-Dec-14 23:31:40

I go to Taylor Taylor in Shoreditch. First went there 10 years ago, then moved offices and stopped, and found a fantastic colourist elsewhere, but he has retired. After trying loads of other places, I've now gone back and am v happy - they listen, give you free cocktails and are not exorbitantly priced.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 02-Dec-14 12:12:15

I go to Danny Oh in Camden Passage, Angel, Islington and have been doing so for 7 years. Love him.

DragonRojo Tue 02-Dec-14 18:48:02

I have mine cut by Sunji at Graffiti Hair Studio in South Molton street (Bond street tube station). I have at least 5 friends who go to him and everyone of them is delighted. He has the art of making you look like yourself but 10 times better

UnMasterChef Tue 02-Dec-14 19:00:29

I used to go to Ian at Charles Worthington in Covent Garden, he was good at cutting and gives you lots of champagne! Not cheap, but worth it. I can't get there any more because I don't have the time or money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now