Talk

Advanced search

What brands of make up do your teenage DD recommend?

(9 Posts)
LadyPenelope Mon 01-Dec-14 22:54:17

DD is 13 and started to wear a little make up - just mascara and some concealer for the odd blemish.

Concealer is a boots own one with witchhazel or tea tree which she's ok with. Can't remember which mascara she picked out.

Anyway, she's asked for a few bits for Xmas - so was going to get her some mascara and lip gloss. (She was keen to get the wake me up concealer, but when I read the reviews it gave some people skin irritation and since she has sensitive skin, probably best to avoid.)

Be good to hear what brands your girl's like.
TIA

suze28 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:56:17

Have a look at Boots Natural Collection range which isn't ££ at all.

hellsbells99 Mon 01-Dec-14 23:25:13

Both DDs like Maybelline Rocket mascara, Collection concealer (DD 1 has very pale skin and this does a Fair colour), Mac eye shadow and No. 7 lip gloss. DD2 occasionally wears No.7 tinted moisturiser. DD1 wears foundation but struggles to find the right one as she has very pale skin and bad acne.

Theas18 Mon 01-Dec-14 23:28:01

Bb cream ( aldi one is fine) .

cathyandclaire Mon 01-Dec-14 23:35:59

The urban decay naked palettes are very popular as a more expensive gift, they also love the naked blush palette. For concealers both mine have tried loads and they agree with Hells that collection is the best. Dd is of the opinion that body shop mascara is the best (and she seems to have tried many if her bedroom floor is anything to go by!!!)

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 01-Dec-14 23:38:59

Dd is 13

She has Rimmell, No 7 & Boots Seventeen that she's had as presents.

She bought herself some Tanya Burr stuff with birthday money from Superdrug. (Tanya Burr is a youtuber who teens follow)

Everyday pocket money stuff is Boots Natural Collectiom & Superdrugs MUA.

LadyPenelope Mon 01-Dec-14 23:41:57

You're all fab - thanks! Trip to Boots at lunchtime tomorrow with this list I think! (And a Body Shop too ...)

Picturesinthefirelight Mon 01-Dec-14 23:43:38

Seventeen & No 7 have some lovely Christmas gift sets on 3 for 2 at the moment. The lip gloss set looks very pretty b

WildBillfemale Tue 02-Dec-14 06:36:12

Depends on your budget but Mac and Benefit are popular with yoof

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now