Talk

Advanced search

Neglected skin would like advice please.

(7 Posts)
Rhymerocket Mon 01-Dec-14 20:18:59

I have been sleep deprived, feeling low and generally gloomy the last while and so haven't cleansed toned serums or moisturised skin for a couple weeks. Now it's so dry I feel I have a beard and it's dull dull dull. Can u tell me a wee mask or other product I could get to give it an intensive quench! Not too expensive please.

Rhymerocket Mon 01-Dec-14 22:50:49

Am I the only neglectful minger on here?

radiobedhead Tue 02-Dec-14 00:23:13

I like face oils, particularly the Clarins one. m.clarins.co.uk/blue-orchid-face-treatment-oil--dehydrated-skin-/C010401002.html?start=1&cgid=270

And this NUXE masque www.allbeauty.com/productPaging.php?productId=995390&ref={adtype&utm_source={adtype}&utm_medium=FREE&cm_mmc={adtype}-_-Free-_-Listing-_-995390&currency=GBP&country=48&&gclid=CMmdjKyLpsICFQbkwgodRzsAUQ}

Not cheap though, sorry.

The best thing you can do is wash your face and moisturise. And drink lots of water.

Super cheap:

Massage in olive oil to dry skin then rinse off with warm/hot water and a flannel.

Then massage in some more oil. Really massage well.

SomethingOnce Tue 02-Dec-14 12:07:35

REN Rosa Centifolia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser

"A non abrasive 2 in 1. It works in two phases: firstly it cleanses the skin with exfoliating beads made from Jojoba Wax. The wax microbeads will gently lift and exfoliate dead skin cells and other pollutants. Secondly, the wax melts to indicate that the exfoliation phase is finished. The melted Jojoba Wax then deeply hydrates to firm and plump up the skin.

Results:

Removes excess dead skin to leave the skin feeling smooth and invigorated.

Cools and freshens the skin to revive and restore a healthy looking complexion.

Gentle facial scrub for all skin types especially for Sensitive and Reactive skin.

Does not cause irritation due to the gentle microbeads of Jojoba Wax."

^^That's from their site and, unlike many products which promise more than they deliver, I have to say I agree with all of it.

Not cheap, but you can make it last. You might be able to get a sample from somewhere. Maybe ring them?

OttiliaVonBCup Tue 02-Dec-14 19:38:03

This
www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Hydraphase/Hydraphase-Intense-Masque-p7267.aspx

Boots had it, maybe in the bigger branches, it's not on their website for whatever reason.
It's new I think.

Sounds just what you wanted. Should be around £15.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Tue 02-Dec-14 21:41:33

A good scrub, twice, with a nice cleanser, then smooth on some Nivea blue pot, quite generously. Leave overnight, voila baby soft skin in morning.

yazzy85 Tue 02-Dec-14 23:11:26

Exfoliating toner, Pixi Glow Tonic is really good, has made a big difference my skin since reading about it on Caroline Hirons blog. She also recommends Body Shop Vitamin E serum/oil which is not to expensive either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now