Talk

Advanced search

Avon Anew - which is best of the confuddlingly large choice?

(12 Posts)
CuttedUpPear Mon 01-Dec-14 13:06:43

My neighbour has popped the catalogue through my door so I have to get something.
Apart from ordering a load of cheap shampoo, I've now been drawn in by the face cream ranges.

I'm 49 with normal skin and deep forehead wrinkle and baggy eyes.
A few spots of discolouration as well.

I'm thinking maybe Reversalist?
But Eye Lift looks interesting as well.
Or Thermafirm....
Or should I just go for the Platinum 60+? Surely whatever is in that would sort me out at this stage?

Please help with my confuddlement.

mowglik Mon 01-Dec-14 15:06:22

Eye lift is my staple eye cream, though I only use the gel bit. It really does lift the upper eye and if I get bored and use something else for a few days I really notice a difference!

Started using this when my eyeliner started transferring onto my upper eyelid and don't have that problem anymore grin ..until it stops working lol

DidoTheDodo Mon 01-Dec-14 16:17:56

All Anew products make my eyes water (so that's no help)

But if you have to buy something, stock up on the Glycerine hand and nail cream. IMO that can't be beaten.

AimlesslyPurposeful Mon 01-Dec-14 16:43:57

I'm 40 with very dry skin but have found the Anew Ultimate 7S night cream really helps. My skin feels so much plumper and looks brighter since I've been using the range.

I used to use Clarins but ordered one of the Avon tester sets and haven't looked back.

I also use the day cream as it has an SPF of 25 but it's quite rich so a little goes a long way, especially if you're applying make up over the top.

CuttedUpPear Mon 01-Dec-14 16:55:03

There's not much point me doing anything about my hands as they do manual work and handcream comes off straight away.

I would like to do something about my face though!

Has anyone had experience of wrinkles reducing with any Avon products?

CuttedUpPear Tue 02-Dec-14 17:12:18

bump

Thanks for all contributions so far but I am still dithering....

AimlesslyPurposeful Tue 02-Dec-14 19:25:59

I don't think a cream can reduce wrinkles but you can improve the overall appearance of your skin with creams.As I said, I've seen great results with the Anew night cream.

Why don't you try one of their tester sets?

They're only £10.00 each. If you like them then you can order the full size versions and save the little tester pots for travel.

CuttedUpPear Tue 02-Dec-14 19:51:43

Thanks Aimless I'll give it a go.

vomistheworst Wed 03-Dec-14 07:10:29

Their Genics concentrate worked minor miracles on my skin. Within days it was glowing, even toned, smooth, plumper and it even got rid of some small patches of eczema. Now obviously it might not work as well for everyone, but based on my experience it's excellent.

Mochamum Wed 03-Dec-14 09:17:35

I second the Genetics concentrate and have just gone back to it. After a couple of weeks of using it people start commenting on my skin. Only downside is Avon don't seem to do many offers on this range.

AimlesslyPurposeful Wed 03-Dec-14 12:14:24

Can you explain what the Genetics concetrate is and how you use it please?

CuttedUpPear Wed 03-Dec-14 12:28:31

Wow that sounds interesting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now