Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE help me find some alternative/edgy jewellery for my GF for Christmas!

(34 Posts)
justleavethebottle Mon 01-Dec-14 11:11:08

Hi,

My gf is quite alternative with her style and I'm finding it hard to find jewellery which is a bit edgy, but at the same time, classy.

She has her ears pierced, but doesn't wear earings. I have bought her a couple of necklaces for her birthday and last christmas and I was quite happy that they were her style. So ideally not a necklace, but not ruling it out if I get desperate! So I think it's narrowing it down to a bracelet.

When I say alternative, I don't mean anything too out there. No skulls (although she does like them) because I want to try and keep it subtle and classy if I can.

Budget isn't great unfortunately....around £50.

Any ideas?

TIA

www.butlerandwilson.co.uk/c23/bracelets/

bowandcrossbones.com/collections/bracelets-bangles

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/wishedfor/product/bumble-bee-bracelet-in-sterling-silver?gclid=CJiSzKTcpMICFceWtAodKCMAIw

justleavethebottle Mon 01-Dec-14 11:25:38

Gilbert, thank you! The first link was definitely me favourite. Although, it's thrown me slightly, because I think she'd really like the crystal skull one, but was trying to stay away from skulls. Doesn't seem very romantic to me, but then, I guess if she likes it..... hmm Brilliant website. Thanks again!

justleavethebottle Mon 01-Dec-14 11:26:20

*my favouite

No problem! Glad you found it useful smile

nobutreally Mon 01-Dec-14 11:26:39

Can you give us more of a sense of what kind of edgy she is - indie/goth/vintage etc Fav shops/links to stuff you've bought that's gone down well before would help...

Have you tried etsy? 1001 amazing, handmade gifts - very easy to tailor to your gf's personal taste:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=bracelet

nobutreally Mon 01-Dec-14 11:28:57

eg I love this: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/198745350/panic-at-the-disco-album-charm?ref=sr_gallery_23&ga_search_query=bracelet&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
or this:
And this: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/109982996/zombie-plan-charm-bracelet-for-the?ref=sr_gallery_27&ga_search_query=bracelet&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Although I appreciate neither are classy ;-)

Also, have you thought about rings - does she wear rings?

Also you can custom search on NotOnTheHighStreet
for example:

www.notonthehighstreet.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=march+hare&filter%5Bcategory_id%5D=18926

That Zombie Plan bracelet is amazing!

justleavethebottle Mon 01-Dec-14 11:48:27

nobut, well she's not really gothic or indie, but she likes black and would probably like leather type jewellery. Only problem with leather bracelets is they can look really cheap and tacky. She likes Animal and Superdry and is a bit of rock chick I suppose.

Will have a quick look at the other links now and get back to you all.

Thanks everyone!

justleavethebottle Mon 01-Dec-14 11:56:55

Gilbert, I actually got her a custom made necklace from notonthehighstreet last year. Not ruling it though. I'm on chat with them now grin

divingoffthebalcony Mon 01-Dec-14 12:02:01

Stephen Einhorn jewellery fits the bill exactly - bit pricey though I admit.

nobutreally Mon 01-Dec-14 12:11:10

I also love these guys: although maybe more quirky than rock-chick, and defn better for necklaces than bangles:

www.tattydevine.com/ace-of-hearts-necklace

slug Mon 01-Dec-14 12:13:53

Would she like something like this?

MrsLettuce Mon 01-Dec-14 12:26:45

You need tethersend to come and link to her mate's site, some fantastic stuff there that sounds just the ticket. Can't remember the name at all though (duh)

DragonRojo Mon 01-Dec-14 12:39:24

I like www.caradiaz.com. It is not the cheapest, but their pieces are really original

OkyDoke Mon 01-Dec-14 12:44:43

I love Rosie Fox, some of it's quite 50's style, not sure if that's what you're looing for!

Gem124 Mon 01-Dec-14 20:13:15

https://www.etsy.com/listing/189691414/azure-sapphire-silver-stud-earrings

LadyIsabellaWrotham Mon 01-Dec-14 20:18:08

Are you in London? Could you try the Dazzle exhibition? (Though I haven't been for ages so I'm not sure what they'd have in your budget range).

slug Mon 01-Dec-14 21:08:57

There was plenty of affordable stuff at Dazzle this year. (I got two pairs of earrings)

tethersend Mon 01-Dec-14 21:09:39

Ooh, yes MrsL- my friend Emma Ware makes beautiful stuff which sounds like the sort of thing you're after...

Amethyst24 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:18:06

A few lovely ones at And Other Stories:

www.stories.com/gb/Jewellery/Bracelets

Key for me would be whether she prefers gold or silver colour.

Moniquecartier Tue 02-Dec-14 03:07:05

I recently discovered
expressionsdesbijoux.com
Their stuff is absolutely gorgeous and they have a jewellery fair sale coming up on 9 December at a hotel in Wimbledon. I don't live too far so am definitely going. Anyone want to meet up there?

SuperFlyHigh Tue 02-Dec-14 09:42:56

Bit more expensive but this is daughter of family friend, all recycled and was very trendy, I think tethers went to art college with her...

emmaware.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now