Talk

Advanced search

Which colour scarf? This or that?

(9 Posts)
LeoandBoosmum Sun 30-Nov-14 23:43:29

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-cashmere-scarf/p1391612?colour=Mint

johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/233475330?$prod_lrg$

For my mum... Probably to wear mostly with black...
Thanks

Skinheadmermaid Mon 01-Dec-14 01:11:02

I don't like either colour to be honest. They're both unflattering unless she has very cool colouring and will look washed out against the black.
A shade of red would be more flattering depending on your mums colouring; perhaps a burgundy or more of a crimson?
smile

LeoandBoosmum Mon 01-Dec-14 01:43:07

Thanks... She has warm colouring, blonde hair and blue eyes....everyone says aqua is amazing on her and she doesn't really suit red. Thanks, your post was really helpful smile

Skinheadmermaid Mon 01-Dec-14 01:48:52

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic. confused
Don't mean to cause offence? If she's blonde then yes aqua will look good.

thecatfromjapan Mon 01-Dec-14 01:50:36

I like the mint. She sounds as though she has Scandinavian-type colouring, or warm summer (is that what it's called???? ). I have a friend with that sort of colouring. I'm desperately trying to remember what she looks great in...
Nice present, though.
I've become the owner of a grey cashmere scarf and it is fab! Sooooo warm. My daughter and I snuggle under it together at bus stops, and I caught her sneaking it off to bed with her to cuddle the other night.

LeoandBoosmum Mon 01-Dec-14 01:51:45

No!! I wasn't being sarcastic! Sorry if it came across that way smile
I really appreciated your input - it stopped me making an expensive mistake (sure, I could've taken it back but you saved me the hassle) flowers

LeoandBoosmum Mon 01-Dec-14 01:54:45

Thanks catfromJapan - she's such a fussy moo that I think I'll just ask her smile
She takes back 90% of what she buys for herself so I don't really stand a chance at surprising her with something she'll love (she usually thanks me for making the effot and then asks me to exchange for something she wants! grin)

thecatfromjapan Mon 01-Dec-14 01:55:47

:-) I've been unhelpful, though - you've decided on the acqua. It will be lovely, I'm sure.

beautyfades Mon 01-Dec-14 02:05:22

I think number two will go nice with blonde hair, im blond and it suits me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now