Talk

Advanced search

Please help with advice for earrings for 21 year old woman

(29 Posts)
IsItMeOr Sun 30-Nov-14 22:36:49

Just that really. Want to buy my DNiece some special earrings for her 21st, but have lost confidence.

I'm not sure if there is a name for her style, but she tends to dress in things that I associate with 60s/Jackie O/fake Chanel-style jacket and dress combos.

I'd found these which I thought could be perfect, then lost confidence.

Come of stylish people, please help me out.

wakeywakeyteaandcakey Sun 30-Nov-14 22:38:26

It's a no from me. IMO they remind me of a vagina grin

IsItMeOr Sun 30-Nov-14 22:48:39

[Looks sternly over glasses at wakey]

I'm not getting that image out of my head in a hurry...so where should I be looking for earrings for a stylish young thing?

Lifesalemon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:53:35

Hot Diamonds have a good selection.

TywysogesGymraeg Sun 30-Nov-14 22:55:01

Accessorize??

MilkThistle187 Sun 30-Nov-14 22:58:04

If she likes that ladylike style she might like a pair of pearl earrings.

Sorry I can't link at the moment, but if you google Dior Tribal earrings you'll see the ones I mean. If you think she'd like them, go onto Etsy and search for 'double pearl earrings' and you'll find some

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 30-Nov-14 23:08:34

www.notonthehighstreet.com/otisjaxonsilverandgoldjewellery/product/silver-hoop-earrings-with-vermeil-18k-disc

I like these ones more. In think the pearl ones might look a bit odd on the ear. I have some of his jewellery, it's really good quality, I'm wearing a pair of earrings now I've had them years , very easy to wear.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 30-Nov-14 23:09:48

Not sure they fit the brief though.

MrsCurrent Sun 30-Nov-14 23:14:29

www.pandora.net/en-gb/explore/products/earrings/290543tq

Pretty birthstone earrings.

IsItMeOr Sun 30-Nov-14 23:25:10

Thanks all.

I should have said she likes stud earrings.

Dame he makes some beautiful things. I like these but wanted to spend a little bit more...

IsItMeOr Sun 30-Nov-14 23:26:06

Budget is up to about £50.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 30-Nov-14 23:42:26

OP,I have those, they are lovely, go for it!smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 30-Nov-14 23:44:01

Actually, just looked again, mine are same design but without the pearl inside.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Mon 01-Dec-14 00:22:27

I would also say plain pearl studs, either black or white. I've had some for 30 years I wear at least a couple of times a week.

IsItMeOr Mon 01-Dec-14 07:44:33

[Hmm] I was thinking the same about pearl studs. Will check whether she already has some!

coffeenut Mon 01-Dec-14 08:13:28

yes to plain pearl ball studs with gold claw setting (yellow or white depending on what she wears). simple and classic.

PrimroseEverdeen Mon 01-Dec-14 15:53:37

They are absolutely hideous and much too old for a 21 year old. If she likes 60s/Jackie O style you can't go wrong with plain pearl earrings. The bigger the better. Pearls are really on trend right now so there are a lot about. Have a look on Pinterest for inspiration.

LeoandBoosmum Mon 01-Dec-14 15:56:23

The pearl placement is very reminiscent of a clit!
I think a plain pearl stud (maybe a pale grey or baby pink) would be appreciated. I saw nice ones on notonthehighstreet.com

AuntieStella Mon 01-Dec-14 16:01:18

A plain pearl stud can be one of the best types of earrings to own, or one with a simple gold setting.

Ditto diamond studs - I have a zirconia look-a-likes of a (smallish) size that might just be real, and wear them all the time.

LeoandBoosmum Mon 01-Dec-14 16:03:05

Here you go. 26 squids and sterling silver. The pink makes them a little bit different. Free del too.

www.notonthehighstreet.com/chezbec/product/pink-elegance-pearl-earrings

OR

Over budget at £69 but similar to what you posted without the vaginess

www.notonthehighstreet.com/emmakatefrancis/product/calla-lily-studs

Traditional white pearl and silver studs, sixty pound

www.notonthehighstreet.com/amaraamara/product/fresh-water-pearl-earrings-silver-studs

Or gold (vermeil) if she prefers:
www.notonthehighstreet.com/amaraamara/product/fresh-water-pearl-earrings-gold-studs

Pearls are very Jackie O, and are timeless and ageless. I think they'd be a really nice gift for a 21 yr old.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 01-Dec-14 16:17:55

I love the pink pearls!

LeoandBoosmum Mon 01-Dec-14 16:25:13

The company that does the pink peals has ivory ones for £24 too! The reviews are very good. Here's a link! At those prices you could be within budget if you got the pink and cream...and blow your niece's mind grin

www.notonthehighstreet.com/chezbec/product/ivory-elegance-pearl-earrings

slug Mon 01-Dec-14 16:28:25

Do you have a price range?

There are some beautiful pieces here

I lust after these

Gem124 Mon 01-Dec-14 19:59:04

I'm 28 and think Pearls are far too old. I'd go for something pretty and unusual. Etsy have lots of beautiful earrings xx

Gem124 Mon 01-Dec-14 20:04:12

How about something like this...https://www.etsy.com/listing/189691414/azure-sapphire-silver-stud-earrings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now