Talk

Advanced search

Kids Winter boots anywhere else other than Clarks and Startrite?

(17 Posts)
ultraviolet11 Sun 30-Nov-14 20:24:07

Dd 4 in desperate need of some winter boots and not too impressed with Clarks or Startrites offering. just wondering if there any other places to get leather kids shoes with different width fittings? Does everyone shop at Clarks or Startrite?

Coffeeinapapercup Sun 30-Nov-14 20:33:55

kickers for leather. Not leather but I have been really impressed with the ricosta (recommended on here) boys snow boots. really fantastic shoes. They do do leather boots for girls.

Not sure either do different width fittings though

BlueEyedWonder Sun 30-Nov-14 20:55:50

I just bought DD 10 some DM boots. She went for black high shine ones but they had various colours. Comfy and super hard wearing for winter.

Kickers and dm mainly here they don't do different widths but are lovely and last better imo

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 30-Nov-14 21:01:00

I buy my DDs winter boots from Zara. Although Russell & Bromley and Massimo Dutti also do lovely ones.

5madthings Sun 30-Nov-14 21:02:16

Geox or ricosta or ecco kids Shoes are good. We have had the goretex ones that are waterproof from ricosta a few years and they are great.

Best bet is to go to an independent shoe shop.

PoppyAmex Sun 30-Nov-14 21:02:29

Bobux from New Zealand do nice stuff and are super comfy and healthy for little feet.

Also, bit expensive but amazing snow boots at Olang; I think they're Italian?

ultraviolet11 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:12:06

Lots of recommendations. Thanks will check them out.

5madthings Sun 30-Nov-14 21:24:26

Oh also petasil which my dd currently has and had last winter as well.

imip Sun 30-Nov-14 21:55:41

Bissgard, anglulas (sp), camper.

Sarenza have 30% off kids' shoes ATM.

I am currently handing down a lovely pair of gold boots to my 4th dc, in good condition. They are the boots they wore during winter to nursery, so lots of wear.

I realise I shouldn't perhaps be boasting about handing down shoes that many times, but they really are well-made boots grin

ultraviolet11 Mon 01-Dec-14 11:05:29

Loving the bobux boots! Any advice on how sizing comes up?

Also does anyone have experience of Verbaudet boots sizing? DD is 10.5 when measured in John Lewis. So I was thinking of going for 11?

Suddengeekgirl Mon 01-Dec-14 13:52:31

Dd (3.5yo) has bobux and they are gorgeous! They have a printable sizing sheet for measuring feet and calculating size.
The leather is lovely and soft but I wouldn't say it is especially hard wearing. Dd has had her boots since October and they are looking very scuffed. She will probably need a new pair in January, even though I'm pretty sure her feet won't have changed size. hmm

PoppyAmex Mon 01-Dec-14 14:36:59

Bobux sizing is spot on if you print the page from their website.

I agree with Sudden; they are great products but not especially hardwearing. All of DD's trainers scuffed super quickly, but still going strong.

I really like their Splash boots.

bryte Mon 01-Dec-14 14:42:57

I hate to endorse Amazon but I have recently bought waterproof and warm lined Ricosta and Gabor boots for DDs's from Amazon, paying less than at Clarkes. Probably the unpopular colours or last year's designs but my DD's don't care too much.

imip Mon 01-Dec-14 16:23:51

Bobux and other barefoot shoes like Vivo Barefoot are also not very supportive shoes (lovely though, my dcs have vivo barefoot school shoes). we have serious problems with hypermobility in my daughter and I never realised i was causing additional harm with non-supportive shoes. So we've stuck mainly to Bisgaard shoes for her, Bobux also do only very small sizes!

Coffeeinapapercup Mon 01-Dec-14 20:15:47

Yeah I end up buying a lot of shoes from amazon too. We don't have an independent shoe shop and brantano is so hit or miss

beanandspud Mon 01-Dec-14 21:55:24

I've started going to 'Kids at Klinks' - I was surprised at the choice - they stock a number of different brands. Staff seemed really friendly and professional.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now