Talk

Advanced search

Defrizzer for thick hair

(8 Posts)
BlueEyeshadow Sun 30-Nov-14 17:03:06

Can anybody recommend a defrizzing product for thick hair that a) actually works and b) won't break the bank? I've got argan oil from Poundland but I don't like it making my hair feel greasy. I've tried various serums and suchlike over the years but none of them really seem to work very well. The No Oil Hair Oil was OK, but I've lost it sad and it's pretty expensive even if it does last for ages...

Any suggestions? Thank you!

FiloFunky Sun 30-Nov-14 17:14:30

you need olive oil hair gel. and lots of conditioner.

BlueEyeshadow Sun 30-Nov-14 22:32:57

That sounds like it would make my hair oily too... does it??

Ohanarama Sun 30-Nov-14 22:43:12

I use Boots own brand 'hair works' hair serum. It's like John Freidas but v cheap (about £2.50 but often on 3 for 2) so you can squirt plenty on. I don't find it greasy but I don't use it close to my scalp just incase.

JeffreyGartnerEatsWell Sun 30-Nov-14 22:45:35

I was wondering if the babyliss hot styling brush could take the thickness out of hair??
Anybody know?

It is always marketed as a product that volumises but it might depend how u stylw hair.

mipmop Sun 30-Nov-14 22:47:02

Do you mean that each strand of hair is thick, or that your hair is dense? I've found Philip Kingsley moisturising shampoo, conditioner and hair cream to be good for thick, coarse hair.

BlueEyeshadow Mon 01-Dec-14 07:40:28

mipmop Both! Each hair is thick snd there's a lot of it! I'll have a look at the Philip Kingsley products. I've used some Happy Hair Days moisturising ones that have been quite good too.

Jeffrey I have a heated brush, not Babyliss, which does help a bit too.

Ohanarama Boots serum sounds promising too.

Thanks for the suggestions! thanks always open to more ideas!

cluelessnchaos Mon 01-Dec-14 07:42:55

I'm currently loving Aussie conditioners used sparingly as a serum. Works out very cheap as you are using only a smudge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now