Talk

Advanced search

Outfit for RC Christening by next Sunday?

(10 Posts)
QueenofLouisiana Sun 30-Nov-14 15:37:52

Please help! It'll have to a a web based shop as I have no time to visit proper shops!

I'm a 14, mum tummy needs hiding! I'm about 5'5". As it'll be freezing I guess I don't need to ask about covering up for church!

My budget is about £100 for the dress but I need to be able to wear it again- NYE or day perhaps?

Thank you style gurus.

QueenofLouisiana Sun 30-Nov-14 21:54:10

Hopeful bump.

Gillybobs Sun 30-Nov-14 22:08:45

Not sure if this is too dressy but I love this lace dress, 30%off brings it into budget

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Special-Occasion-Dresses/WH712-PEW/Womens-Pewter_Navy-Luxurious-Lace-Dress.html?ipa=0&cm_mmc=IC-_-Google-_-PLA-_-All_Products&istCompanyId=a40e1fa1-0635-4a1b-8d9a-2caa763eeee2&istItemId=ippraailq&istBid=xzlt

LizzieMint Sun 30-Nov-14 22:12:03

How about something like this blue

Or do you want longer sleeves? Does it have to be a dress?

HorraceTheOtter Sun 30-Nov-14 22:15:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

polyhymnia Sun 30-Nov-14 22:19:27

That lace dress is nice but that, or indeed anything you'd be likely to wear to a NYE party, is well OTT for a christening, IMO, whether Catholic or C of E (see the latter often in our church but have also been to Catholic ones and they don't seem any more formal).

Gillybobs Sun 30-Nov-14 22:29:44

I think it depends on the family, I've been to loads of RC christenings and many were as dressy as some weddings. The lace dress with a smart coat over it would definitely fit in if you suspect it will be a dressy affair overall.

This is also nice and a bit less formal

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/ffion-print-empire-line-dress/dresses-jumpsuits/mint-v/fcp-product/4431

polyhymnia Sun 30-Nov-14 22:46:31

Interesting. The RC christenings I've been to ( affluent, middle class) haven't been wedding grade smart, but they obviously vary. If you know anyone among the key players - family or godparents - you can always ask what sort of thing they'll be wearing.

QueenofLouisiana Sun 30-Nov-14 22:46:46

I like the blue and the lace. We have theatre tickets for NYE so will be having quiet drinks with family and friends rather than a party- so either would work.
I prefer dresses but am open to other suggestions.

burnishedsilver Sun 30-Nov-14 23:15:14

Is it your baby being Christened or are you a guest?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now