Talk

Advanced search

Confused about cleansing

(1 Post)
Delphine31 Sun 30-Nov-14 12:41:48

The 'I never wash my face' thread has prompted me to post this, so kind of a TAAT. I hope that's ok. I could do with some advice!

On a daily basis the only makeup I wear is tinted moisturiser. For years now I have been using Tesco sensitive cleansing wipes to remove the tinted moisturiser at night.

In the mornings I wash my face using only water as I've got eczema and find any facewash products too drying.

I now realise that my nightly use of face-wipes is a bad move!

The alternative methods I read on the other thread (and some older threads I've looked up) that seem like good options to me are:

1) Use a moisturiser to cleanse
2) Use olive oil to cleanse

I'm a bit confused about how to use moisturiser or oil to cleanse. Is it just a case of rubbing either of them onto my face and then wiping off with a flannel?

I'd like to find a method that's as natural as possible. Since switching to sulphate/silicone/harsh-alcohol free shampoo & conditioner my hair has been less dry. I'd like to do the same for my face if possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now