Talk

Advanced search

Charlotte Tibury magic cream?

(15 Posts)
flipchart Sun 30-Nov-14 12:30:37

Has anybody used this and is it worth 70quid?

In fact what is the make up and ski care worth buying?

flipchart Sun 30-Nov-14 22:51:25

Anyone?

jasmine1979 Sun 30-Nov-14 23:39:19

This video here (at about 2.05) sums up my thoughts on Charlotte Tibury and her "magic" cream. smile In short, it's not worth it at all.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Charlotte has been courting all the beauty bloggers like crazy in the last year to promote her items, and the reviews are therefore VERY in her favour. Luckily the asa has recently caught onto the fact that beauty bloggers etc have been promoting products like crazy without stating that they have been paid to do so and are cracking down on this in the future.

As for what make-up and skincare is worth buying, I really think it's often a case of trial and error to see what suits you personally.
For me, I really rate anything by La roche posay, and also Nude skincare.
Make up wise I find products from Lily lolo, Nars and The balm to be consistantly excellent.
What type of skin do you have and what sort of make-up are you looking for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U20WcQDKYkQ

flipchart Sun 30-Nov-14 23:45:04

My skin is normal. I'm 49 and my skin is in pretty good shape. I'm pleased with it any way. I'm trying to a..........wait for it ' a polished fashionable daytime' look if there is such a thing!
I don't do formal but it's time I notched up my grooming a gear or two now I have the time and ( some!) spare money.

goodasitgets Mon 01-Dec-14 09:41:27

Are you wanting glow without glitter? I have two products I really rate for that! Bare minerals turn on (powder), and lush feeling young (cream)
This is wearing bare minerals
instagram.com/p/rmK9uONdx-/

specialsubject Mon 01-Dec-14 10:16:22

patented anti-ageing? That's clever. It does have SPF 15 in it, which isn't a very high factor these days,and of course most facial creams have only the tiniest amount of sunscreen.

lots of water in it like all other creams.

the rose-hip anti-ageing thing is of course completely unproven.

in short - remember there is no law against selling useless items.

NewEraNewMindset Mon 01-Dec-14 10:22:12

Love Astral cream. Under a fiver and you can get a huge pot. Slather it on including the neck, remove using cotton wool. Skin is perfectly clear and hydrated. Honestly you don't have to spend a lot of money on skin are.

santamarianovella Mon 01-Dec-14 10:38:24

CT magic cream and the majority of her makeup that I have tried is a total waste of money, it's all too shimmery.

good makeup base that gives a dewy feel is embryolisse cream Now that is magic stuff!

I find the best skin care are pharmacy brands. All that other fancy brands, are just packaging.
With very little content,

Nars is excellent , and Im loving Burberry makeup ATM, the foundations are really good,

A good

Hetaera Mon 01-Dec-14 10:41:13

The Paula's choice video is so interesting. I rate all of their products and their Clear Pore cleanser has transformed my skin. They sell trial sizes and samples of all of their products.

The Magic Cream is lovely and thick and smells rosy. I'd have bought a smaller size to test but couldn't justify that amount of money on something I couldn't properly test! Maybe they know you wouldn't want to go back and buy the full size if you had a tester!

I love Rose Day Cream from Dr. Hauschka. I use a small amount in the day and it really seems to suit my combination skin despite being a product for drier skins. You can get trial sizes of all their creams too.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 01-Dec-14 11:16:44

Oh which embryolisse cream do you rate in particular Santa?

I've just got some Sarah Chapman age repair serum which seems very nice but only been using for a couple of days.

I prefer Tom Ford makeup to Charlotte Tilbury - agree it is all very shimmery which isn't great on my mature skin

santamarianovella Mon 01-Dec-14 11:40:18

It's the Lait-creme concentre,mrsCB and you only need a tiny bit.
CT is an amazing makeup artist, and the concept is great, but her makeup line is really disappointing.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 01-Dec-14 11:41:27

Thanks Santa!

Her youtube bathroom videos with Sali Huges are worth a watch as she is very entertaining and amusing in her make up for bed type way

jasmine1979 Mon 01-Dec-14 15:00:57

I agree. I love the Sali Hughes bathroom series, but didn't like Charlotte's quite as much as it was so based around promoting her own product it didn't feel as chatty as usual. The Mary Greenwall ones are my faves. smile
I would certainly never ever take skincare advice from someone like Charlotte though, who takes off all her make-up at night and then puts it all straight back on her face for going to bed as she can't stand even her husband to see her without make-up on. Something about that just seems so sad to me. sad
intothegloss.com/2014/09/charlotte-tilbury-makeup/

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 01-Dec-14 18:19:42

Oh yes Mary was the best - love her!

santamarianovella Mon 01-Dec-14 18:58:29

I have never known that about Charlotte, to me ,good skin is more important than makeup. makeup enhances you, but its all down to good skin to make it look good on you.

Mary is my current favourite makeup artist, no loads of brushes or makeup products,and the look is always on the natural side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now