Talk

Advanced search

Dermalogica basics advise please

(6 Posts)
itsbetterthanabox Sun 30-Nov-14 11:51:22

I want to start using dermalogica But where it is pricey I want the minimum products for the best results.
I was thinking of getting a cleanser, exfoliator and a moisturiser.
Are these the best things to get? And skip getting the pre cleanse, toner and a masque? I have combination skin so would get the stuff for my skin type.
Any recommendations of the cheapest place to buy it?
TIA

Millli Sun 30-Nov-14 12:59:48

Have a look on the " I don't wash my face " thread. Maybe you don't need to use these productssmile

HeyMacWey Sun 30-Nov-14 14:24:14

I have combination skin and used to use the following:
Precleansing oil
Daily microfoliant
Special cleansing gel
Active moist

I didn't really rate their face masks /toners.
Out of the above I'd rebuy the microfoliant and the precleanse. I've found other cleansers and moisturisers that I prefer and are cheaper.
Would recommend la roche possay and avene as good alternatives.

HeyMacWey Sun 30-Nov-14 14:25:49

Oh and I used to buy from the Jersey beauty company. This was about 8 - 10 years ago though.

itsbetterthanabox Sun 30-Nov-14 17:18:49

Thank you heymac. So the pre cleanse is important? I can see me not using an oil.
I'm looking at avene now and it does look good. Is it similar quality?

HeyMacWey Sun 30-Nov-14 21:29:30

I guess the precleanse has been postdated by double cleansing.

I'm currently using an excellent cleanser by balance me and the avene light hydrating cream with spf.

I've added a radiance facial oil by balance me for night time which I'd repurchase.

An alternative exfoliating face mask is the neutrogena visibly clear 2 in 1 mask /wash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now