Talk

Advanced search

These dresses - what boots/shoes

(8 Posts)
NoPinkPlease Sat 29-Nov-14 15:09:03

Hi,

I've ordered 4 dresses from Boden - and I'll send 2 or 3 back probably. Can you help me with footwear please!

These are the dresses - all for work and I own similar ones already. I wear flat brogues most of the time, but I think I want to switch to boots and dark tights if I can. But I basically have no clue. I have to have flat shoes or boots cos I've got crap balance and they need to be wideish of toe, cos pointy shoes hurt :-( Any ideas. And also, are any of these dresses horrible (it's free returns!). I'm size 16, lumpy and 5'4 :-)

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Smart-Day-Dresses/WH704/Womens-Chic-Tweed-Shift.html in brown

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Smart-Day-Dresses/WH702/Womens-British-Tweed-Shift.html in yellow

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Clearance/Womens-Workwear-Range/Dresses/WQ092/Womens-Greenwich-Dress.html in navy

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Clearance/Womens-Dresses/WQ081/Womens-Paddington-Dress.html in navy

SuperFlyHigh Sat 29-Nov-14 18:41:03

I'd send 2nd one back it's horrid.

Kitten heels perhaps with the first dress (like it a lot). Also knee highs with stretch Dune were doing a suede/stretch small heel boot.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 29-Nov-14 18:42:01

Accessorize are doing nice patent ballet flats were reduced very nice and comfy (I've got a bunion).

thenightsky Sat 29-Nov-14 18:45:50

1st and 4th are nice. I wear similar styles for work and find opaque black tights with shoes that are almost ballet flat works... by that I mean flat shoes that are more substantial than the cheapo slipper type ballet flats.

2nd is awful.

3rd looks very see-through if you look at the bit between the model's legs.

NoPinkPlease Sun 30-Nov-14 22:13:24

Thanks - haven't arrived yet. but I'm clearly sending the 2nd one back :-)

stillwearingaredribbon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:18:37

I love the second and third dress <not helpful>

Shadow1986 Sun 30-Nov-14 22:18:45

Agree with others, not keen on no2, the spotty one. But the others are nice. I think dark tights and ballet style pumps as I think any type of flat boot might look quite clumpy next to these girly dresses. Think if you go for boots you need some kind of little heel.

NoPinkPlease Tue 02-Dec-14 23:29:14

Oh well... None of them looked right at all! Back to browsing...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now