Talk

Advanced search

Fillers for 1st time, how swollen/bruised?

(10 Posts)
INeedToGetThisAllOut Sat 29-Nov-14 00:07:43

I've been dithering about fillers for months. I made an appointment in September and postponed it because I wanted more time to think, then the surgeon postponed it twice because he had emergency surgeries to do. Finally decided I definitely want to give it a try, and the only date the surgeon has between now and after Christmas is this Thursday!

But DH and I have had a very rare night away planned for a while next Saturday. Which would be 2 days post injection. Will I be a bruised, swollen mess? I've got no idea what to expect really, my cheeks are very hollow so I will ask for fillers in that area.

Any experiences/tips would be a great help!

AgathaF Sat 29-Nov-14 08:03:35

I've had tear troughs done a couple of times and naso-labial lines with a tiny bit in my cheeks. I have only bruised once and that was around my mouth. I think higher up the face is less likely to bruise, but obviously you could get unlucky. IME any swelling is minimal and goes within 24 - 48 hours. Bruising was light enough to cover with make-up, so should be ok for a night out.

pinkbadger Sat 29-Nov-14 22:47:02

Oooh INeed - no experiences/tips but I'm having my first go with fillers on Monday - eek!

Been considering it for a while for the beginnings of marionette lines. Had my consultation last Tuesday and decided to go for it but the only appointment that I could make before Xmas was Monday which seems quite soon.

I was concerned about bruising as I want to keep it quiet secret. Was told I won't need injecting very deeply and recommended Voluma saying I wouldn't get bruising with that as it is very liquid.

Want to be my 'filler newbie' buddy?

pinkbadger Sat 29-Nov-14 22:48:54

P.S. Had a new hair style today so hoping that if anyone notices an improvement they'll put it down to that grin

Wrapdress Sun 30-Nov-14 00:26:29

Take Bromelain a week before or eat a bunch of pineapple for a week before. It will help prevent bruising. I had one small bruise. Very light.

INeedToGetThisAllOut Sun 30-Nov-14 09:30:41

Thanks for the tips! I'll stuck up on pineapple and arnica and hope for the best!

Ooh pink good luck! Come back and let me know how you get on!! I've got my inlaws staying at the moment, they will disapprove so no idea how I'm going to keep it secret from them just a few hrs later...

DragonRojo Sun 30-Nov-14 11:14:21

I had no bruising at all. Had it done during lunch a couple of times and went back to work. It must really depend on how prone you are too bruising

pinkbadger Sun 30-Nov-14 21:50:44

Good to hear your experiences ladies.

Glad to see no horror stories on this thread - was a but apprehensive to check it!

Will let you know how I get on.

HappyGirlNow Sun 30-Nov-14 22:06:17

Only time I've had bruising was around mouth/chin area.. None for cheeks and I've had that done several times.

INeedToGetThisAllOut Tue 02-Dec-14 04:02:33

Thanks all, that's reassuring! Any update pink?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now