Talk

Advanced search

sea salt spray

(15 Posts)
TheHappinessTrap Fri 28-Nov-14 16:51:34

Have you used this? I've just bought some. I like the hair of one of the women on Made in Chelsea and I wondered the look was partly created by a product like this. I never use products in my hair so am curious to know what others think of this stuff.

NotTodaySatan Fri 28-Nov-14 16:54:35

The Bumble & Bumble one is great but this one is a fraction of the price and just as good.
When I had long hair I would spritz it with this and then twist in a bun overnight (sock bun good too). The result would be fab beachy waves.

TheHappinessTrap Fri 28-Nov-14 17:05:03

Somehow I posted twice!

Thanks notoday. The only one I found was Marc someone - Jacobs? Or is that clothes? I washed and did a blow dry and big hot rollers - which I would do normally anyway - and then I sprayed this in. The bottle said it could be put in wet or nearly dry hair, but I was scared to for some reason!

CecyHall Fri 28-Nov-14 17:08:03

Yes I found the bumble and bumble one good but not worth the money as other brands are good too, I quite like the Toni and guy one.

(My best one ever was a John Frieda one but we all know that they like to discontinue things that people like best!)

TheHappinessTrap Fri 28-Nov-14 17:11:54

I have to say I'm not trying to make my hair look like I just had a day at the beach... exactly. I'm trying to make shiny healthy wavy hair less neat looking. So like it has been combed but now isn't - does that make sense? I've posted a link to the MIC woman who's hair I'm wanting to emanate in my other post - somehow posted twice???.

Khalessi Fri 28-Nov-14 17:21:40

I use the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Sea Salt spray. It's good and smells amazing!

auldspinster Fri 28-Nov-14 17:49:16

The John Frieda one is being reissued.

kippersmum Fri 28-Nov-14 18:06:22

I am delighted to see this thread, I have nothing useful to add but I'm amazed that the look I have with my curly hair after walking the dog on the beach every morning is popular! smile

Monocerus Fri 28-Nov-14 18:16:02

I used sea salt spray for ages (and still do occasionally) but I really like 'VO5 Give Me Texture' spray now as it feels nicer in my hair. It is cheap and usually on offer in Boots.

Hallamoo Fri 28-Nov-14 18:22:38

I'm amazed that women pay for £3 upwards, for what is essentially water and salt....

beanandspud Fri 28-Nov-14 21:16:36

I like the one that nottodaysatan linked to.

Spray it on and twist into a bun (or two pigtails in buns iyswim). Nice natural curly hair in the morning.

Also works spraying it on before using large heated rollers.

Neverbuyheliumbalonz Fri 28-Nov-14 21:20:40

It's not just salt and water is it? It have other stuff in it otherwise a) how does it work, and b) you could just add a bit of table salt to some water and put it in a spray bottle couldn't you?

SwedishEdith Fri 28-Nov-14 21:28:58

I tried it last weekend - I really did look like I'd been out on deck for hours on a cross channel ferry. I think I need to research how to use it properly.

HermioneWeasley Fri 28-Nov-14 22:38:05

It is mostly water and salt. Lots of recipes on the internet for making your own. It's on my to do list as my hairdresser advised me to make my own.

TheBuskersDog Sat 29-Nov-14 10:10:46

I have tried a couple, recently Bleach London but hate the way my hair feels gunky with it in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now