Talk

Advanced search

thoughts on some ankle boots

(14 Posts)
MaryWestmacott Fri 28-Nov-14 12:12:45

these from Clarks

Mumsy or ok? (to wear with skinnies and dresses, and normally walk 5+ miles a day so need to be boring comfy)

thank you!

sunflower49 Fri 28-Nov-14 12:19:03

I like them, don't think they're mumsy at all.

I don't think they're too mumsy, they're quite cute and would look cute with a dress I think (although I'm not a fan of ankle boots with a dress or skinnies,but that's just me!)

I am a Clarks convert though, quite horrified with myself, but I walk a lot too and need grippy bottoms and decent quality and ended up getting these delivered today (don't do flats) www.clarks.co.uk/p/26104356 have to say they are very comfy!

TaytoCrisp Fri 28-Nov-14 12:21:57

Love them! Might try them for myself if you don't mind!

MaryWestmacott Fri 28-Nov-14 13:15:10

TripTrap - those are nice too!

Tay - go for it.

Right, think as they have a discount on, I might ping a link to DH with a note that if he's struggling for ideas for me, I'd like these and to order today...

Greengardenpixie Fri 28-Nov-14 13:20:43

I dont like them at all. I think they are mumsy and im 47! Much prefer the second link - macay ones. Far nicer.

MaryWestmacott Fri 28-Nov-14 14:45:15

Green - do like those second link, they are far nicer, but also far higher. I have a dilema as the only exercise I get is walking, I either have mumsy footwear and a small arse or I go back to wearing my heels, driving, and having a fat arse. Tis not a good choice (and I have 4 pairs of heeled ankle boots, 3 pairs of knee highs, I'm all good for boots I can't walk a long way in, it's flat and stylish I need).

<sigh> any other suggestions for flat and practical but nice boots?

I'm naughty,I walk miles in heels blush sometimes wish I could go with flats but they're just not me (and I may have damaged my calf muscles a bit due to wearing heels daily,for everything, for around 18 years -since my mid teens!)

missmartha Fri 28-Nov-14 15:32:07

I have the Lynsky Joy which look terrible from the illustration, but in the flesh are lovely.

They are dead comfy and make me an inch or so taller, which I like a lot.

LuckySaint Fri 28-Nov-14 15:46:43

I tried those boots in black Op, they're quite nice on.
They're very like Sam Edelman petty boots which are also nice on (and comfy)

MaryWestmacott Fri 28-Nov-14 17:12:26

Missmartha - see, I can see if I didn't have such small feet, they would look good, but when you shrink down 'clumpy' shoes to size 3 feet, they tend to look wrong and give you 'noddy' looking legs/feet unless you wear them with wider leg trousers.

TripTrap - I used to walk a lot in heels, then had hip problems with each DC and now I can only walk an distance in flats. I think I might start 'building up' the distance I can do in heels - it would solve the problem by allowing me to just wear my old boots rather than buy new ones!

QueenQueenie Fri 28-Nov-14 17:27:49

OP I ordered some of the boots in your original post - I really liked them but they were ENORMOUS! Buy smaller than normal if buying online...

dexter73 Fri 28-Nov-14 18:33:44

I have those boots in black. They are very comfortable and not mumsy at all. They look nice with skinnies, dresses and short skirts. As QueenQueenie says, they do come up large.

MaryWestmacott Fri 28-Nov-14 18:44:04

Thank you! Will go for them order a 3 rather than a 3.5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now