Talk

Advanced search

Running down stairs in heels!!

(18 Posts)
clareyh12 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:38:10

The stairs in our office are quite steep and yesterday I nearly went "flying" while carrying a tray of hot drinks!!

This is the second time I have nearly fallen and I'm not sure what to do about it?

Was in 4 in heels at the time and the carpet is quite thick.

Really scared me.

Anyone got any suggestions - is it best just to slip heels off to go up / down stairs?

ejayne Thu 27-Nov-14 15:14:07

Gosh be careful hun.

Yes I would slip your heels off, - invariable I'm shoeless too

SofaCanary Thu 27-Nov-14 15:26:34

Wear lower heels?

kelda Thu 27-Nov-14 15:27:41

Lower heels?

Angelhairscruff Thu 27-Nov-14 15:48:45

Yes,,lower heels. I'm not sure what you thought we could suggest apart from lower heels, or taking your shoes off.

ApocalypseNowt Thu 27-Nov-14 15:51:57

Maybe you could ask advice from the women who go on 'Take Me Out'. How they go running/dancing/skipping down those stairs in 4 inch heels (as a minimum it seems) I'll never know....

ApocalypseNowt Thu 27-Nov-14 15:52:18

Or you could slide down the bannisters?

MrsCakesPrecognition Thu 27-Nov-14 15:55:41

When your shoes are preventing you from doing normal, day-to-day activities, they are too high.

nicky123AZ Thu 27-Nov-14 16:07:50

Sounds like your heels are to high to be practical in an office - you need to wear a lower pair or take them off - stockinged feet would be safer

Stop wearing heels would be the safest thing.

Lonelynessie Thu 27-Nov-14 16:12:21

Yes I'm with the take them off camp on this one.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Thu 27-Nov-14 16:18:38

Tess and Claudia have nice men to hang on to when they toddle down the SCD stairs in heels - maybe borrow one?

Redtartanshoes Thu 27-Nov-14 16:20:53

I work in H&S.

We have a number of rules.

Firstly you have to hold the hand rail when going up or down stairs.

Secondly where possible take the lift up when carrying hot liquids.

If lift not possible use a drink carrier such as the ones you get in Macdonalds to transport more than 1 drink.

Redtartanshoes Thu 27-Nov-14 16:21:32

Stocking feet can be major slip hazard on certain floors too so not an ideal

catsofa Thu 27-Nov-14 16:29:59

OMG just wear shoes you can actually walk safely in, what else do you think can possibly be done? You tripped because you were wearing unsuitable shoes. Stop wearing them.

Angelhairscruff Thu 27-Nov-14 16:32:39

I think the clues to the solution are in the title of the thread. Running. Stairs. Heels. Don't run down stairs in heels.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 27-Nov-14 16:36:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Felyne Thu 27-Nov-14 16:36:57

I was walking down the stairs once with heeled shoes on, and one heel got caught under the hem of my trousers on the other leg. I tripped and fell forward and injured myself quite badly, needed surgery. Stairs scare the crap out of me ever since. No running please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now