Talk

Advanced search

On a date and no handbag?

(11 Posts)
Sickofpeppapig00 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:29:15

A very, very important dilemma....wink So, I have a second date soon, we'll be spending the day walking around London, Christmas Market in the South Bank etc.

I have this amazing Burberry burned orange peacoat that a handbag strap would really spoil the look of. I have a few clutches but I do need my hands free to hold hot chocolates and hold handsgrin. The coat has quite a few pockets so I could easily fit my mobile, a cc, some change and my keys on them without looking bulky at all but not sure it would feel/look strange just to be walking around without a handbag to hold. ..

So, handbag or pockets?

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Thu 27-Nov-14 14:37:03

I can't imagine a bag ruining a coat's look, unless it is a cape or similar! Coat sounds lovely - how about a small cross body bag? I can't imagine not having a handbag! shock

What else are you wearing for your date, which sounds lovely btw?

Twinklestein Thu 27-Nov-14 14:44:38

I don't like cross body bags I think they make one look like a courier.

I would just take a very small under the arm shoulder bag. I doubt he'll even notice your bag tbh.

Sickofpeppapig00 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:46:50

The shape of the coat is cape-like actually, hence a bag strap ruining the lovely lines. ...

Not sure on rest of outfit yet. .. but probably grey skinnies and ankle boots, not sure about what to wear as a top... This is the coat btw, love how they've styled it but sadly I don't suit black. ...

Twinklestein Thu 27-Nov-14 14:54:12

What about a small tote to carry in your elbow?

turkeyboots Thu 27-Nov-14 14:54:13

Pickpockets aren't unknown in London. A bag is safer.

Sickofpeppapig00 Thu 27-Nov-14 15:10:47

A small tote might work outfit wise but my hands wouldn't be freehmm

Twinklestein Thu 27-Nov-14 15:15:24

If you carry it in your elbow you could have hot chocolate in that hand and hold his hand with the other - it's more convenient than a clutch.

Sickofpeppapig00 Thu 27-Nov-14 15:31:26

Hmmm...I like the thought of that. .. Small tote it is, thank you all smile

radiobedhead Thu 27-Nov-14 15:50:16

But where will you put your pants, cleanser and toothbrush? confused

Sickofpeppapig00 Thu 27-Nov-14 15:52:51

Hahaha! !!! I think I'll drag him home instead grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now