Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss big hair

(21 Posts)
Inthedarkaboutfashion Thu 27-Nov-14 13:33:19

I'm rubbish at blow drying and I am looking at getting a babyliss big hair. Does anybody have one? I have shoulder length hair, which barrel would be best 42mm or 50mm?
Or does any dig have a similar styling tool which they like?
Thanks.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Thu 27-Nov-14 18:49:54

Does anybody have one?

Llareggub Thu 27-Nov-14 18:54:08

I have one and I love it. Not sure what size barrel I have though.

woodychip Thu 27-Nov-14 18:55:37

Love mine and never use my hair dryer anymore and I have quite short hair. Gives more body

JuanFernandezTitTyrant Thu 27-Nov-14 18:55:43

I love mine. My hair is thin and fine. I don't get masses of volume but man is my jaw length bob SLEEK!

anyoldname76 Thu 27-Nov-14 18:56:37

I love mine, I have thin shoulder length hair and it makes it look thick and swooshy grin

I have the 42 size barrel but would rather have the bigger one

Inthedarkaboutfashion Thu 27-Nov-14 18:57:53

My hair is very fine and is just below the shoulders. I am tempted to get the 42mm barrel because it's cheaper but will invest in the newer 50mm barrel if it is better for mid length fine hair.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Thu 27-Nov-14 18:58:40

Crossed posted with anyold sounds like the 50mm might be the best option.
Thank you.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Sun 30-Nov-14 07:42:59

I took the plungers bought the 50mm big hair. It is fabuloooos. I dried my hair with it yesterday and it was the sleekest and shiniest that I have ever managed to get it myself and it still looks the same this morning.
I can't believe it has taken me this long to buy one.

JuneFromBethesda Sun 30-Nov-14 08:06:31

This is so ending up in the next MN Swears By grin It's convinced me to get one, at any rate!

Atlastadragon Sun 30-Nov-14 08:18:28

Just to add that I've got one too, I think it's the bigger one as there was no choice when I got mine. It's really good on my very fine hair. I find it's best if you blast it with the hair dryer first so your hair is just damp when you use it. I use volume boosting spray and section off the top bit. If I'm feeling really fancy I put Velcro rollers in as each bit dries. I wouldn't be without it!

Sunna Sun 30-Nov-14 08:23:16

Please don't use it to dry your hair - it says not to. Dry your hair normally then use it - or you could burn it out.

I love mine.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Sun 30-Nov-14 08:25:53

I didn't actually dry my hair with it and should have phrased my post better. My hair was about 80-90% dry when I used it. I don't think it would cope with drying my hair fully as the motor is only 700w and I have managed to burn out many hairdryers which are 2000w in past.

anyoldname76 Sun 30-Nov-14 08:27:04

I didn't know that, I always use mine to dry my hair shock

Littleturkish Sun 30-Nov-14 08:30:03

My mum has this and has very short fine hair and didn't get on with it...off to check her barrel size!

I have very thick and long hair- is it worth me stealing it? Is it damaging to hair/more damaging than straighteners?

Fabulassie Sun 30-Nov-14 08:33:14

I have the big one. I am utterly hopeless with hair. There's something about reaching behind my head and looking in the mirror that just means I can't section my hair or do things like hold a dryer and a round brush. I have a lot of long, fine, hair that wants to curl and frizz.

So, this thing is really helpful for me. I still don't get sleek hair like the salon, but at least I can get it straight. If I follow with straighteners I almost look like the salon does it.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Sun 30-Nov-14 10:09:37

I don't think it can be more damaging than straighteners because it isn't as hot. I was also surprised at how soft the bristles are because the brushes used by my hairdressers (and previous hair dressers) are much more stiff and harsh. To be honest when I felt the bristles I wasn't convinced it would do anything for my hair especially as it is only 700w. I'm glad it proved me wrong.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Sun 30-Nov-14 10:14:45

I have naturally really curly hair which is very difficult to straighten without masses of frizz, even the hairdresser struggles and doesn't always get it right.
I managed it really easily with this. I still had to run over it with the straighteners as I always have to (even the hairdresser does) but nowhere near as much as usual.
I think I'm going to have to buy a spare if they appear at a reduced price in any sales as I have a terrible tendency to blow hairdryers up grin

alemci Sun 30-Nov-14 10:15:28

I have the slimmer one. It is good. I have dried my hair with it but not when it is very wet.

omletta Sun 30-Nov-14 10:18:46

I have two - one at home and one stashed at work for nights out straight from work!
Couldn't be without it now.

SuperFlyHigh Sun 30-Nov-14 10:20:17

What I do is blast my hair with dryer then do fringe and side front bits with BBH.

Evenings and weekends I do it all over. Had no idea there was a 50mm one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now