Talk

Advanced search

Advice on outfit for posh dinner outing

(10 Posts)
mowglik Wed 26-Nov-14 22:56:34

DH is taking me out for a long awaited birthday dinner, we have a toddler so don't get many evenings out together. So my dress choice may be a little ott for dinner but I don't get out much!

I was planning on wearing this dress with leather leggings as per pic but the whole thing looks off? Can anyone advise what this might look good with? I need to cover my legs so limited in that sense but any advice on bottoms and shoes to go with this dress? Also accessories? less is more maybe?

Also a jacket? I have this furry biker jacket but also have a nice black belted wrap coat

Shadow1986 Wed 26-Nov-14 23:00:35

Lovely dress, personally I think it's too long to wear with leggings so would have to be black tights I think.
I always say if it just covers my bum is ok for trousers/leggings, but if it's nearly touching my knees it's too long.
Your coat is gorgeous but is more day time so i would go with the belted one?

Shadow1986 Wed 26-Nov-14 23:01:18

And shoes id go for like a ankle boot

TenuousGrip Wed 26-Nov-14 23:08:28

I'd go for black tights and black or gold heels, big necklace (or delicate chain/pendant with hair up and big earrings) and the black wrap coat. Lovely dress - enjoy dressing up!

polyhymnia Wed 26-Nov-14 23:15:27

Yes definitely tights not leggings.

burnishedsilver Thu 27-Nov-14 00:25:23

Keep the dress and the jacket. Replace the leggings with black opaque tights and shoe boots.

Lovely dress.

mowglik Thu 27-Nov-14 08:38:28

thanks I was thinking the leggings don't look right somehow, i think ill go with the tights.

i think i may wear it with this necklace

www.hm.com/gb/product/51804?article=51804-A

or will a collar necklace suit the dress better?

Sadly I don't have really sexy black ankle boots which would go with this dress but I may wear my rieker boots which have a slim look, otherwise i have ash jalouse boots in woodash which are a bit more pointed and feminine looking

www.amazon.co.uk/Rieker-Y0363-Womens-Boots/dp/B00DUV5U0G

Shadow1986 Thu 27-Nov-14 18:59:41

Necklace is nice. Boots in link too casual I think. Have you any black heels instead?

mowglik Thu 27-Nov-14 20:27:20

They do seem a bit casual don't they.. :/ I have these, only pair of black heels I have actually!
www.ravel.co.uk/ravel-shoes-c2/ravel-malibu-court-shoes-black-suede-gold-glitter-p370/s2120?gclid=CKOJ8ObOm8ICFU6WtAoduxQAow

So these, black tights, multichain necklace and possible black wrap coat.. I wish I had a pair of sexy black ankle boots though mine are all a bit functional- may look out for a pair this weekend otherwise these heels seem a good fit with the outfit (?)

Shadow1986 Thu 27-Nov-14 22:36:33

Yes the heels work very well! Think you will look lovely, hope you have a lovely evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now