Talk

Advanced search

Wearing black at a wedding... Again!

(9 Posts)
YouThinkImUgly Wed 26-Nov-14 18:09:33

Hello Style & Beauty,

I'm a regular lurker here (picked up some brilliant tips) and now am in need of a little advice.

I know the subject of 'can I wear black to a wedding' has been done to death, not just here but all over the internet, but I have a slight variation on that theme and need to see if I can find a definitive answer!

So... I have a winter wedding to go to, don't know too many of the other guests. I want to be covered up as a) I'm pale and don't suit fake tan and b) I get easily cold and the reception is in a draughty location. I cannot really justify buying a new outfit this side of Christmas, although I could stretch to accessories.

I have three outfit options which fulfill my wish to be covered (yet chic!) and comfortable, however two of them involve some black, although not funereal head-to-toe black:

1) BLACK silk cami tucked into floral print cigarette trousers (nice smart material), with BLACK cape blazer over shoulders. Prob my most comfortable outfit choice. (Could possibly try and find an alternative cami in a brighter colour?)

2) floral print cami jumpsuit (again, nice smart material, tapered legs) with same black cape blazer as above.

3) Navy blue jumpsuit - is in a nice thick crepe sort of material and gorgeous colour, looks smart with heels but worried it's not smart enough and options 1 and 2 are smarter?

So - wise ladies of S&B... Which option do you think I should go for?

Thank you so much in advance!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 26-Nov-14 18:35:00

I like the sound of outfit 1 personally.

Not a fan of jumpsuits, more 'party' than wedding (and a pain to get off/on to go to the loo)

What colour are the cigarette trousers? Could you pick up a colour from them for your accessories?

(BTW- black is fine wink )

YouThinkImUgly Wed 26-Nov-14 18:59:11

Ooh thank you for your reply, you've sor of confirmed what I was hoping!

The trousers are a sort of darkish floral - shades of purple and blue with tiny hints of cream, so could definitely grab a few accessories to team with and 'lift' the overall colour.

Thank you so much! I feel a bit more confident already.

SocialMediaAddict Wed 26-Nov-14 20:15:37

Definitely number 1. Sounds great.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 26-Nov-14 20:18:54

Number 1 sounds great.

Can you please link your navy jumpsuit? It sounds lovely! smile

Shadow1986 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:23:31

I agree outfit 1 sounds lovely but I would pick out a colour from trousers for bag and shoes.

Yes to one. I'd keep the black cami but maybe have a bright clutch bag.

More importantly, I need to know what a cape blazer is - is it something I want/need in my life?

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 26-Nov-14 21:44:59

Remus was it you who had a thread wanting a coverup for a dress? Angelina Jolie is bringing capes back !

Love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now