Talk

Advanced search

Your Perfume of 2014 (so far) and the one that gets all the compliments....?

(41 Posts)
Chicinwellies Wed 26-Nov-14 12:08:58

I'm going to be brave this Christmas and veer away from asking for my usual - Mugler Alien or Miss Dior. Would love to hear the scents that really have wowed. PS sorry for being a lazy bones and not trawling through the perfume thread. It is very informative and useful but sometimes I lose the will to live going through it all.

iwantavuvezela Wed 26-Nov-14 12:10:55

I have alway loved the Marc Jacobs perfume, the original one. Many of my girlfriends have bought it after smelling it.
I am currently using a Kiehls perfume, which is lovely and frsh for daily use.

Nabootique Wed 26-Nov-14 12:16:25

I rotate a few but my long term favourite is She by Armani. Been wearing it for years and I quite often get asked what it is.

Chicinwellies Wed 26-Nov-14 12:18:08

How funny Nabootique - that is what I had for about 3 years until swapped to Alien! Thanks x

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 26-Nov-14 12:19:44

The new rose one by Acqua Di Parma. Rosa Nobile. Just perfection.

Nabootique Wed 26-Nov-14 12:19:56

Really? I've never met anyone else who used it! smile I switched to it after they discontinued my old favourite, which was Sensi angry

AWombWithoutAFoof Wed 26-Nov-14 12:21:16

iwant, which one is it, do you know? Will be in an airport later this week so will swoop on Duty Free!

iwantavuvezela Wed 26-Nov-14 13:17:29

A womb the Kiehls one is Pathchouli and rose ..... Really gorgeous

The Marc Jacobs is his first perfume, not daisy or the other ones, usually in a plain bottle (with a black lid) ..... I love it!

Chicinwellies Wed 26-Nov-14 13:33:58

Yes, the only thing I didnt like was not being able to see how little I had left in the quirky bottles. Making me think I should go back for a sentimental sniff!! Will also try to find a spray of the Acqua Di Parma, Im always a little hit and miss with the Rose ones, but will see!

Nocturne123 Wed 26-Nov-14 13:35:56

Love Chanel chance , I bought it after 2 of my friends had it. Could t help myself it smelt so good

ScandiS Wed 26-Nov-14 13:37:03

iwantavuvezela I agree! That Marc Jacobs perfume is amazing. I had it years ago, but remember it fondly.

Chicinwellies the perfume I have been most complimented on, ever, is Laura Mercier l'heure magique.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 26-Nov-14 13:58:20

I have loads of expensive perfumes that I don't really wear now as they give me a headache BUT the one that I seem to tolerate is one that smells just like Dove soap and without fail people always comment and ask me what it is when I wear it. It was only a tenner toogrin

BlueEyedWonder Wed 26-Nov-14 15:22:02

Currently using Estee Lauder Modern Muse. A colleague at work commented on it.
Chanel perfumes always get me comments. I really like Chance and Coco Madamoiselle

Platinumpennies Wed 26-Nov-14 15:30:11

I know it gets mentioned quite a bit on perfume threads but SJP 'Lovely' nearly always gets complimented when I wear it.

DoTheStrand Wed 26-Nov-14 15:36:21

I used to wear Aqua di Palma Iris Nobile which got a lot of compliments. Then I switched to Brigitte from Tocca. Last time I went to replace it they had none in stock so now I'm using Florence, also by Tocca. Both got/get the thumbs up from friends (gorgeous bottles too).

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 26-Nov-14 16:44:26

Platinum- I keep hearing good things about Lovelysmile

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 26-Nov-14 16:51:56

"Lovely" smells rotten on me. As does Chanel's "Chance". I like them on tester papers but my body chemistry seems to turn them once they hit my skin.

itsnothingoriginal Wed 26-Nov-14 20:36:32

The only one I wear that I get really positive comments about is La Vie est Belle (lancome). I think it's a marmite kind of perfume (not literally of course grin) and I know is too sweet for some people.

I like the new Opium Black and will be secretly hoping for Hypnotic Poison at Christmas which is gorgeous!

I do like Lovely but wouldn't rebuy it - just not 'special' enough for me...

BadabongBadaBing Wed 26-Nov-14 22:22:33

I love Stella by Stella McCartney or a v old Ghost One. Think its called Deep Night.
I do favour a 'heavier' perfume though. Light and fresh ones have never been me.

yazzy85 Wed 26-Nov-14 22:47:44

I discovered hypnotic poison on here when someone recommended it, its an amazing warm winter scent. Another one that is nice is Armani Diamonds but doesn't last very long on me.

Infinity8 Wed 26-Nov-14 22:58:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

atticusclaw Wed 26-Nov-14 23:04:13

I have worn Paloma Picasso since I was 15 and sprayed it on myself in a duty free shop in Majorca 26 years ago. DH finds it strong and so I only wear the EDP if I'm going out but without fail someone always asks me what perfume I have on. Lots of people have said over the years that its a scent that they always associate with me.

I love it, it makes me happy. In fact I'm going to go and spray it now.

TongueBiter Wed 26-Nov-14 23:10:15

"Lovely" smells far from it on me too. I'm hoping for La Vie Est Belle, and or more Flowerbomb

adiposegirl Thu 27-Nov-14 01:13:53

bvlgari jasmin noir

this sent is a serious man magnet, even gay men stop and ask me what it is!

Ive worn dior hypnotic poison since it came out in 1998

Mel0Drama Thu 27-Nov-14 03:18:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now