Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Me wearing men's aftershave

(21 Posts)
WerewolfBarMitzvah Wed 26-Nov-14 11:22:33

Ok I'm out of my current perfume (Elie Saab) so nicked some of DH's Tom Ford.
Now, I think I smell amazing, but am I just associating the smell with DH and that's why I like it?
Is aftershave stronger than EDP? Or is it just the same kind of stuff in a less girly bottle?

Any women regularly wear aftershave here?

Nabootique Wed 26-Nov-14 11:26:10

It should say EDT or what have you somewhere on the bottle.

I used to LOVE Davidoff Cool Water and although I never bought it for myself to wear I did always have a squirt when near the testers, and I had a friend (female) who wore it daily!

WerewolfBarMitzvah Wed 26-Nov-14 11:45:25

Duh why did I not think to rtfbottle?!
Cursed baby brain.

I feel like this has opened up a whole new world of choice to me - as if the women's perfume market is restricted!

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 11:46:48

I wear prada mens one all the time Love it. I have tried the Tom Ford too also nice.

iwantgin Wed 26-Nov-14 11:52:09

I 'share' DH's scent too.

He has a Jo Malone Amber and Lavender. That is very nice. Also his Lush fragrance - that is quite unisex.

Recently I have taken to a quick squirt of Tommy when passing his bathroom.

McFox Wed 26-Nov-14 14:21:20

I love Angel for men. I used to get loads of male attention (the good kind!) when wearing it smile

Pooka Wed 26-Nov-14 14:24:28

I wear Eau Sauvage.

As does my aunt. I bought it after exclaiming that she smelt lovely at a family gathering. Floral doesn't suit me, though am partial to origins ginger essence and Claris Eau dynamatisme as women's scents.

Lottapianos Wed 26-Nov-14 17:35:12

Go for it if you like it. I nick a squirt of DP's smellies sometimes

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 26-Nov-14 17:50:35

I prefer mens stuff as its less sickly usually than the womens, certainly in the cheaper ones too.

WerewolfBarMitzvah Wed 26-Nov-14 19:14:32

Right I'm wearing the Tom Ford for the rest of the week. Thanks for your replies.
DH won't notice, but if he were a more observant person, he might think I've been rubbing up against another man!

ThirdPoliceman Wed 26-Nov-14 19:27:28

You have got to try the men's aftershave from Lidl. Every time I wear it I am asked about it. In a positive way, not a wtf is that smell kind of a way.

Northumberlandlass Wed 26-Nov-14 19:29:57

Most of Tom Ford are scents rather than perfume / aftershaves. Grey Vetyver is one of my all time favourites!
smile

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 19:32:41

My dp wears eccentric molecule which is gorgeous and pretty unisex

polyhymnia Wed 26-Nov-14 20:45:33

Another wearer of Eau Sauvage here. Much prefer it to 'girly' perfumes .

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Wed 26-Nov-14 20:53:22

I often wear men's stuff. The Tom Ford Tuscan leather is my absolute favourite, but I can't afford to buy any. sad

dementedma Wed 26-Nov-14 20:54:57

Chanel Bleu is nice

VenusRising Wed 26-Nov-14 20:58:37

I also wear eau sauvage, and eau de baux, and vetyver for l'occitaine. (Very like grey vetyver from TF, but only 40£)
I'm getting spicebomb for Xmas - it turns very spicy and earthily vanilla ish on me.

I think the gourmands have overwhelmed the feminine market and now the candy/ sugar notes with added fruit are ubiquitous and unbearable.

I much prefer the masculine scents now, but make an exception for Pomegranate noir, Wild fig and cassis, and Dark amber & Ginger lily intense cologne from Jo Malone (these are unisex though).

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 21:40:28

lavender-room.co.uk/collections/front-page-favourites/products/eau-de-toilette I wear these a lot day to day only £12 the rose and vetiver are good

NoelleHawthorne Wed 26-Nov-14 21:51:04

grey vetvier just doesnt last

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 21:55:02

I have heard a few people say that I love it though but too £

TheHappinessTrap Wed 26-Nov-14 21:58:41

Ooh, I was wondering about men's cologne! I have a friend who leaves his scene on me when we hug hello/goodbye and i love it, it never occurred to me to buy some for myself. At the moment I'm wearing lemony herbally smelling things from l'occitane but might have a sniff around the shops!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: