Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Me wearing men's aftershave

(21 Posts)
WerewolfBarMitzvah Wed 26-Nov-14 11:22:33

Ok I'm out of my current perfume (Elie Saab) so nicked some of DH's Tom Ford.
Now, I think I smell amazing, but am I just associating the smell with DH and that's why I like it?
Is aftershave stronger than EDP? Or is it just the same kind of stuff in a less girly bottle?

Any women regularly wear aftershave here?

Nabootique Wed 26-Nov-14 11:26:10

It should say EDT or what have you somewhere on the bottle.

I used to LOVE Davidoff Cool Water and although I never bought it for myself to wear I did always have a squirt when near the testers, and I had a friend (female) who wore it daily!

WerewolfBarMitzvah Wed 26-Nov-14 11:45:25

Duh why did I not think to rtfbottle?!
Cursed baby brain.

I feel like this has opened up a whole new world of choice to me - as if the women's perfume market is restricted!

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 11:46:48

I wear prada mens one all the time Love it. I have tried the Tom Ford too also nice.

iwantgin Wed 26-Nov-14 11:52:09

I 'share' DH's scent too.

He has a Jo Malone Amber and Lavender. That is very nice. Also his Lush fragrance - that is quite unisex.

Recently I have taken to a quick squirt of Tommy when passing his bathroom.

McFox Wed 26-Nov-14 14:21:20

I love Angel for men. I used to get loads of male attention (the good kind!) when wearing it smile

Pooka Wed 26-Nov-14 14:24:28

I wear Eau Sauvage.

As does my aunt. I bought it after exclaiming that she smelt lovely at a family gathering. Floral doesn't suit me, though am partial to origins ginger essence and Claris Eau dynamatisme as women's scents.

Lottapianos Wed 26-Nov-14 17:35:12

Go for it if you like it. I nick a squirt of DP's smellies sometimes

I prefer mens stuff as its less sickly usually than the womens, certainly in the cheaper ones too.

WerewolfBarMitzvah Wed 26-Nov-14 19:14:32

Right I'm wearing the Tom Ford for the rest of the week. Thanks for your replies.
DH won't notice, but if he were a more observant person, he might think I've been rubbing up against another man!

ThirdPoliceman Wed 26-Nov-14 19:27:28

You have got to try the men's aftershave from Lidl. Every time I wear it I am asked about it. In a positive way, not a wtf is that smell kind of a way.

Northumberlandlass Wed 26-Nov-14 19:29:57

Most of Tom Ford are scents rather than perfume / aftershaves. Grey Vetyver is one of my all time favourites!
smile

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 19:32:41

My dp wears eccentric molecule which is gorgeous and pretty unisex

polyhymnia Wed 26-Nov-14 20:45:33

Another wearer of Eau Sauvage here. Much prefer it to 'girly' perfumes .

I often wear men's stuff. The Tom Ford Tuscan leather is my absolute favourite, but I can't afford to buy any. sad

dementedma Wed 26-Nov-14 20:54:57

Chanel Bleu is nice

VenusRising Wed 26-Nov-14 20:58:37

I also wear eau sauvage, and eau de baux, and vetyver for l'occitaine. (Very like grey vetyver from TF, but only 40£)
I'm getting spicebomb for Xmas - it turns very spicy and earthily vanilla ish on me.

I think the gourmands have overwhelmed the feminine market and now the candy/ sugar notes with added fruit are ubiquitous and unbearable.

I much prefer the masculine scents now, but make an exception for Pomegranate noir, Wild fig and cassis, and Dark amber & Ginger lily intense cologne from Jo Malone (these are unisex though).

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 21:40:28

lavender-room.co.uk/collections/front-page-favourites/products/eau-de-toilette I wear these a lot day to day only £12 the rose and vetiver are good

NoelleHawthorne Wed 26-Nov-14 21:51:04

grey vetvier just doesnt last

noddyholder Wed 26-Nov-14 21:55:02

I have heard a few people say that I love it though but too £

TheHappinessTrap Wed 26-Nov-14 21:58:41

Ooh, I was wondering about men's cologne! I have a friend who leaves his scene on me when we hug hello/goodbye and i love it, it never occurred to me to buy some for myself. At the moment I'm wearing lemony herbally smelling things from l'occitane but might have a sniff around the shops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now