Talk

Advanced search

When did party dresses get so short? Or am I just an old gimmer? Help me please!!!

(6 Posts)
askyfullofstars Wed 26-Nov-14 10:32:22

I have lost a lot of weight, fabulous, but as a result none of my nice dressy stuff fits me anymore.
I have a couple of parties to go to over christmas so thought I would treat myself to a new dress, something bright or sparkly, it has been an age since Ive felt confident enough to wear anything nice.
However, I still have a little way to go, so I know that whatever I buy this year, will probably not fit me next, and money is fairly tight, so I am reluctant to speand loads on something I will only realistically wear twice.
I have only had a chance to look at H and M and New Look so far, and everything just seems so short.
Reassure me, am I ever going to foind anything ::hopeful::

jellyhead Wed 26-Nov-14 10:37:22

Next have some party dresses in their tall range. I'm 5 11 and have just bought one that is actually below my knee rather than showing my knickers

Ihatemytoes Wed 26-Nov-14 10:57:20

I'm 5' 9" and have seen several on asos that I'm considering.

msfreud Wed 26-Nov-14 11:04:07

I think dresses in general have got really short! I'm only 5ft3 and in my 30s but not comfortable with anything shorter than just above my knees, especially for day dresses that I might wear for work.

I would try M&S, they have a few longer ones and are not super expensive.

Chandon Wed 26-Nov-14 18:48:57

The shops catering at young ones all have short dresses, you need to change shops grin

Bring on the Jaeger LOL

splodgeness Wed 26-Nov-14 19:03:00

Yes they are so short. I think it is the influence of the skater dress. But I agree that they are aimed at the younger market. You need to try different shops. M&S, Monsoon, House of Fraser etc. Unfortunately they are more expensive. TKMaxx might be a good place to try. Or go for a maxi dress?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now