Talk

Advanced search

any such thing as a deeply moisturising, silicone free hair mask that I can buy on the high street?

(10 Posts)
Lottapianos Tue 25-Nov-14 14:47:35

Hairdresser can't fit me in until end of next week and my hair is in need of some TLC. I have very dry, thick, coarse curly hair. I avoid silicones like the plague. Only have time to go to Boots or Superdrug

Any recommendations people?!

Kewcumber Tue 25-Nov-14 14:50:53

You can get Liz Earle delivered free to a waitrose if you have one locally. I'm pretty sure their hair mask is silicone free.

Nabootique Tue 25-Nov-14 14:53:16

Coconut oil is supposed to be great for your hair type. Holland and Barratt sell it if you have one on your high street?

Lottapianos Tue 25-Nov-14 15:07:08

Yes, have tried coconut oil and it is great, fancy trying something different though due to faffing involved!

Bexicles Tue 25-Nov-14 15:11:07

Yes, Dr Organic Morrocan Argan oil treatment conditioner, it's fantastic. I get mine from Holland and Barrett.

Bexicles Tue 25-Nov-14 15:12:10

Or the Naked conditioners are not bad either, Boots stock them.

Nabootique Tue 25-Nov-14 15:14:21

Ahh, yes I expect it is difficult to get out! Have never tried it myself as I have fine/greasy/rubbish hair. Hope you find something.

MooMinCow Tue 25-Nov-14 19:02:45

Bodyshop Rainforest hair butter here Sillicone free

Notonaschoolnight Tue 25-Nov-14 20:02:32

Agree with Bex arg an oil tub from H&b I keep it on for an hour under a shower cap it works wonders

Lottapianos Tue 25-Nov-14 20:28:18

Thanks all. I use the Rainforest Hair Butter as a leave in because my hair is so coarse that rinsing it out is a waste of time. Aryan oil sounds great but I was looking for something I could leave in for 10 mins rather than an hour.

In the end, being short on time, I got an Elvive hair mask. I couldn't see anything in the list of ingredients that looked obviously like a silicone so took a punt on it. Leaving hair to air dry now, will see how it looks in morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now