Talk

Advanced search

Help for a pear shape please!

(7 Posts)
SarahManning Tue 25-Nov-14 14:45:09

I've agreed to help out at an event which means that I need to wear a t-shirt with the company logo on.

I'm a pear shape and very conscious of my bum and hips so I nearly always wear a dress. Can anyone help me with what to wear on my bottom half?
Longer skirts look terrible because I'm short, shorter skirts seem to ride up a lot! Skinnies just don't suit my shape, and other fits of jeans and trousers seem to look frumpy.

Help! am 5ft 3 and size 12. Thank you!

ClareBaldingsHair Tue 25-Nov-14 18:53:13

Wide leg black trousers?

mirpuppet Tue 25-Nov-14 18:58:00

An a-line skirt could work. I would go short and I don't think it would ride up.

HermioneWeasley Tue 25-Nov-14 20:33:27

Maxi skirt, t shirt over a dress, black trousers, peacocks amazing slim leg jeans?

FestiveRoad Tue 25-Nov-14 21:29:20

Something of a similar colour to the t-shirt? This would not draw attention to your bum and hips. If you went for an a-line skirt (maybe just above the knee) and with some detail round the hem to draw the eye downward?

LadyintheRadiator Wed 26-Nov-14 10:13:55

What about a skirt like this from Oasis? Tuck the t shirt in, tights, boots?

SarahManning Wed 26-Nov-14 11:37:38

Thank you everyone! Lady I really really like that skirt! Will need to find some time at the weekend to go try it on. If anyone else has a similar problem, I've also seen a couple of skirts in fat face that might work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now