Talk

Advanced search

Light weight cross body bag

(8 Posts)
SpaghettiMeatballs Tue 25-Nov-14 13:57:47

Going back to work after Christmas after mat leave and I'm looking for a new bag.

I have a decent tan leather tote but it's large and heavy. Fine for the office but when I'm out I carry various equipment and a laptop bag so it's too much.

I'd like a light weight, non leather bag for days out of the office. Preferably cross body.

I would like something just like the Cath Kidston messenger bags but not Cath Kidston iyswim?

Has anyone seen anything that would work in a plain fabric?

iroblonegen Tue 25-Nov-14 14:08:42

I bought one of these a few weeks ago. Looks very much like a certain other well-known brand, but cheaper. So far I'm very pleased with it, both size and quality. I went for style 9.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KDLMBOY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

marymcb Tue 25-Nov-14 14:14:21

How about some of the Millican bags? I have one (not a messenger style) and I love it!

There is a messenger one here at A Hume

SpaghettiMeatballs Tue 25-Nov-14 15:37:09

Thank you. They look great for casual use but work is smart so I fear I'm looking for the impossible in a non leather but still smart bag.

Arghh!

SpaghettiMeatballs Tue 25-Nov-14 17:08:47

Wondering about this now......

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Accessories/Bags-Wallets/AM220/Womens-Thurloe-Bag.html?m=3

Lifesalemon Tue 25-Nov-14 18:04:22

I love the Boden one in both colours.
DKNY do some fabric ones too. House of Fraser usually have a good selection and sometimes some bargains.

CadiM Tue 25-Nov-14 18:27:21

I got this bag in purple from etsy, can wear it cross-body and it has good pockets. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/179919711/sale-water-resistant-bag-in-black?ref=shop_home_active_9

SpaghettiMeatballs Tue 25-Nov-14 22:14:11

Thank you cadiM pockets are good!

I'd forgotten DKNY do a good fabric range. I shall check them out.

I've seen an Orla Keily I like too but still really like the Boden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now