Talk

Advanced search

Personal shopper recommendations for Manchester please!

(10 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Tue 25-Nov-14 12:40:17

My friends and I are having a girls' weekend in Manchester in the Spring, and our friend is getting married in the late Summer. I thought it might be nice for us to see a personal shopper while we're there, so that we can try on dresses/outfits for the wedding. I'm assuming the bride will have bought/seen a dress by then (it's a small, second, wedding). I'm matron of honour and we thought we'd look for/try on dresses while we're away (we live in different countries).

SO.... any suggestions for places that provide this service and will have the right type of clothing needed for the occasion? (if they provide fizz, then all the better grin

Thanks in advance.

sparklelover Tue 25-Nov-14 12:44:31

Selfridges in Exchange Square or Trafford Centre (min. spend £500).

theladylovescupcakes Tue 25-Nov-14 12:51:21

Gulp! What happens if you don't find anything you like - do they bill you anyway??!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

sparklelover Tue 25-Nov-14 13:18:41

Ha ha no...I thinks it's just to rule out any time wasters/non-serious punters!

Truckingalong Tue 25-Nov-14 19:00:47

This guy is good and hilarious to boot. www.cliffbashforth.co.uk/

chicaguapa Tue 25-Nov-14 19:05:34

Debenhams at the Trafford Centre is good. I've tried the personal shopper at the store in town, but felt the TC had a wider range of stock.

Mini05 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:33:08

Try John Lewis Trafford centre or cheadle not far from centre Manchester

Mini05 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:34:35

Oh and House OF Fraser Manchester centre they have lots of designer gear as do John Lewis

frankietwospots Tue 25-Nov-14 22:10:36

I had a personal shopper at House of Fraser once and it was great. She's my friend's sister and I love her style, and she knew mine too. Not sure if she still works there but I can ask? She gave us a private room with glasses of fizz and it was so much fun!

theladylovescupcakes Wed 26-Nov-14 10:22:56

Thanks, everyone, for all the suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now