Talk

Advanced search

Smart hooded coats...again...sigh

(10 Posts)
MillionPramMiles Mon 24-Nov-14 16:03:23

I managed to crack the 'smart coat with a hood' for Autumn (M&S hooded mac) but am struggling now its freezing cold.

Is there anything smart, warm, at least knee length and hooded that isn't:
a parka (nor smart enough)
a duffel coat (it'll take 3 days to dry after a soaking)
a puffa coat (not a good look on me)

I feel I've been searching for a life time. Please someone save me.
Oh and it needs to come in XS/size 8...

Lifesalemon Mon 24-Nov-14 20:44:38

Seasalt Janelle ?

MillionPramMiles Tue 25-Nov-14 14:46:43

Life -thanks. I've found the Seasalt range a bit too roomy though, am on the short/small side.

Sylviecat Tue 25-Nov-14 19:08:52

I've just brought a merrell haven (non duffle) v warm and smart ish..

MillionPramMiles Wed 26-Nov-14 10:08:09

Sylvie - ooh sounds promising, is it long ish (ie knee length)? And how do you find the sizing? Had a look at a couple of pics online but no info really on sizing...

Sylviecat Wed 26-Nov-14 10:42:23

Yep It is knee length on me, I'm about 5ft 5. I ordered the m which was too big so exchanged it for a small which is fine. I'm a size 10. Also pretty waterproof as I found out on the school run today!

MillionPramMiles Wed 26-Nov-14 11:37:21

Sylvie -thanks. Length sounds ideal but I'm a size 6-8 so I think the S will be too big (there wasn't an XS). The search continues...

Littlepumpkinpie Wed 26-Nov-14 13:58:01

My haven is a few years old I am a size 4/6 fits me well and they did do a Xs just keep looking

Paddingtonthebear Wed 26-Nov-14 14:06:09

I had a Merrell haven for two years, it's a fab coat and very very warm. Only needed one layer underneath or I was too hot!

But it's not the smartest/stylish coat going and I lost weight and it became too big. Fancied something smarter this time so I've just replaced it with this in navy. It's not as long as the Haven but it suits me better a bit shorter and fitted as I'm not that tall. They are £225 everywhere else but I got mine from here

www.milletsports.co.uk/more-sports/outdoor/clothing/ladies/jackets/jack-wolfskin-5th-avenue-ladies-jacket/?utm_source=googleshopping&s=452890&gclid=COyV0tq3mMICFU6WtAoduxQAow

MillionPramMiles Wed 26-Nov-14 20:24:10

Thanks all - I like that millet one. Think will try to hold out for the January sales. Def think I need an xs size so will keep looking...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now