Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper version of bareMinerals?

(12 Posts)
hhhhhhh Mon 24-Nov-14 13:23:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SomethingAboutNothing Mon 24-Nov-14 13:24:53

Watching with interest as I would like to know too.

mewkins Mon 24-Nov-14 13:32:42

Lots of people recommend Lily Lolo.

VeganCow Mon 24-Nov-14 15:06:03

I have just bought this kit after trying the 4 bag testers to find the correct shade for me .

It is amazing, actually better finish than Bare Minerals, which I tried first. Its not as drying on the skin and has better coverage.

Its on offer at the moment too. Well worth the money considering whats in it, plus you can just buy the refill bags afterwards to fill up your pot so even cheaper.

NanTheWiser Mon 24-Nov-14 17:56:27

I sue Lily Lolo foundation powder, half the price of Bare Minerals, and just as nice. They have 15% off before midnight tonight, so if you're quick, you can get some even cheaper: www.lilylolo.co.uk/.

boodles Mon 24-Nov-14 19:51:42

If you can wait till Monday on qvc there is the bare minerals beauty product of the month, it is an 18g pot of the original foundation (which is more than double size) for about £27

eeyoreeeyoreoh Mon 24-Nov-14 19:53:58

Prestige here

SleepyMcgee Mon 24-Nov-14 19:56:48

I use boots no7 mineral foundation. It's just in 1 colour and £13 for a pot. Lily lolo are good as they sell little tester pots so can try different colours.

AnathemaIsANiceNameForAGirl Mon 24-Nov-14 20:30:57

Another vote for Lily Lolo

SpanielofDoom Tue 25-Nov-14 10:39:14

Lily Lolo, great colour selection and coverage, however LL made my skin itch. As you're ok with the BM you will probably be ok with LL because BM made my skin itch too.

Or I highly recommend Elemental Beauty, another British company. Samples available, will make a blend to make your perfect shade, good customer service. Good coverage, no shimmery bits, very gentle on skin, so very good for more sensitive types.

www.elementalbeauty.co.uk/flawless-face/

Bambinho Tue 25-Nov-14 10:59:39

I'm a long term user of Bare Minerals who was also looking for a cheaper alternative and now almost exclusively use Avon's mineral foundation unless here's a good QVC deal on Bare Minerals (thanks for the tip boodles).

I'm fairly light in BM and with Avon I'm ivory (know it sounds as if that shade should be too pale). Slightly deeper shade shell is equivalent to light in BM so only good for me in summer with a bit of fake tan on. The Avon mineral is more often than not on offer at £6, is currently at that price with free kabuki brush

avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/face/avon-calming-effects-loose-powder-foundation.html

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 25-Nov-14 12:48:08

Ooh I was posting to recommend LilyLolo, I see others agree! wink

Have been using their mineral foundation for a couple of years since Clinique discontinued the one I was using, wish I'd found the LL sooner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now