Talk

Advanced search

Are Falke tights worth the money?

(22 Posts)
dustyanswer Mon 24-Nov-14 11:57:02

I need warm/woolly tights in colours other than black - dark blue, maroon etc - but M&S and John Lewis only seem to be doing black for some reason. Are Falke worth the extra tenner? Or is anyone else doing them?

Madaboutthrows Mon 24-Nov-14 12:16:44

Try TK Maxx first before shelling out. You may find some there and possible Walford tights in there too.

VanillaKip Mon 24-Nov-14 12:23:35

DD has some patterned children's ones.

They are definitely discernibly better quality than her John Lewis and H&M ones, which have now gone all saggy round the crotch - I bought them all at the same time. The Falke ones look like I might even be able to hand them down to DD2.

I don't know about adult ones, one would assume they would be similar though.

VanillaKip Mon 24-Nov-14 12:25:16

Also, have you looked at Esprit for coloured tights?

Peanutbutterandnutellanutter Mon 24-Nov-14 12:27:23

I have found them in TK Maxx before
Personally though I get tights from Primark although not sure they do colours

dustyanswer Mon 24-Nov-14 12:29:18

No, hadn't thought of either of those - will try when I'm next in town. Thought I'd look in Primark also although they will be heavy on the acrylic I expect.

I do find it bizarre that M&S aren't even doing navy.

Madaboutthrows Mon 24-Nov-14 17:13:29

M an a do navy cable knit tights in their best of British range. They are eight pounds. Try and m and a outlet too as I got some coloured tights recently from there

oliviafrombolivia Mon 24-Nov-14 17:20:51

IME built for giants, so if you are tall then great - on me 5'2" I look like Nora Batty in them. I bought a navy pair last year, I have older Primark tights, guess which ones have developed a hole in the toe? They feel lovely though and are so comfortable.

WilburIsSomePig Mon 24-Nov-14 17:42:49

I bought tights in TK Maxx a couple of weeks ago. They were £7.99 and the most cosy snuggly tights I've ever had. I can't remember what they're called but I'm going back this week to stock up so I have a few pairs.

Spidergirl8 Mon 24-Nov-14 19:23:40

Nope, Falke are not worth the money IMO

OneHandFlapping Mon 24-Nov-14 20:38:14

Having just shelled out £48 on 3 pairs of their matt 50 denier tights, I have to say the appearance is NOT worth the money because they are a strangely coarse weave.

Back to M&S next year for me.

Botanicbaby Mon 24-Nov-14 20:52:04

I am not tall but I love falke tights, I think you should try looking for cheaper pairs in TK Maxx first to help you decide on the quality for yourself though.

SuperFlyHigh Mon 24-Nov-14 22:18:53

Some are nice. I bought a grey striped pair in sales they looked vile and a damson wool pair in sales that look great and quality too.

dustyanswer Thu 27-Nov-14 15:13:32

I'm 5'8" so built for giants is fine by me. However I still balk at paying 18 quid for tights (especially as I am a terrible ladderer) so I will go to That There London & check out TK M, Primark & M&S at Marble Arch in case they have a better selection than the website.

Thanks all!

Stewedcoot Thu 27-Nov-14 15:17:00

Yes, I am fairly tall but have disproportionately tall legs ifyswim and Falke are definitely worth the money as they are the only tights for me that (a) fit, (b) don't shrink in the wash and generally wash well and (c) last well and don't run after one or two outings.

I've bought the wool versions for school for dd and ditto above wrt washing and wearing.

lurkingaround Thu 27-Nov-14 15:21:18

I think they're definitely worth the money. No high street tights match them for quality and longevity, they wash and wear fantastically. And they are really matt. I hate shine on tights and these are the only properly matt ones I've found.

MonstrousRatbag Thu 27-Nov-14 15:23:56

Wolford tights are worth the money. And Calvin Klein tights are even better.

KittieCat Thu 27-Nov-14 15:34:02

I don't think they're worth the money. Wolford are good.

Apatite1 Thu 27-Nov-14 15:53:40

My vote goes to Calvin Klein.

tanya1010 Thu 27-Nov-14 20:44:34

I personally have never found any tights as good as wolford. I know they are expensive but they are worth it as they last much longer, wash and wear well. I have not worn Falke thatt often myself. Whenever i have worn them i have never found them as good a fit as Wolford or as comfy, and i have nearly always laddered them. However i do agree they are a nice matt effect and look nice on your legs

TheGonnagle Thu 27-Nov-14 20:48:02

I am 5'9 and I wear Falke, they're great. I scour TK Maxxat the beginning of the September for them. They wash well and the wooly ones last for ages.

Stewedcoot Fri 28-Nov-14 11:43:22

I think Wolford are excellent too, but Falke better for leg length

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now