Talk

Advanced search

Disappointed with some child's store boots

(10 Posts)
TheNewWitchOfSWL Mon 24-Nov-14 10:19:50

Just need to vent. The boots look cute, and I know it is not real leather, but 1 month in and it looks like a fake ugg, the way my daughter's feet go on the inside of the sides of the boot instead of on the soles iykwim.
Should have spent more and gone to clarks or start rite.
Now need to look for eBay ones, as I can't bare to see my daughter walking like that.
She says the boots are not too big and are comfortable, she loves them, but I really hate seeing her walking in them. Maybe IABU.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 24-Nov-14 12:03:44

What shop? confused

dexter73 Mon 24-Nov-14 12:05:52

Can't you take them back and ask for a refund?

TheNewWitchOfSWL Tue 25-Nov-14 09:45:07

Can't take them back because she has bee wearing it every day for school.
I didn't want to taint the shops name but it is H&M. Their canvas shoes are fine but I am disappointed with the boots.

dexter73 Tue 25-Nov-14 10:37:09

You can take them back even though she has been wearing them as shoes are supposed to last longer than a month. They are not fit for purpose.

TheNewWitchOfSWL Fri 28-Nov-14 10:51:11

Unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt.

Greengardenpixie Sat 29-Nov-14 00:08:00

You dont need the receipt if they are faulty. Take them back!

ShinyToyBuns Sat 29-Nov-14 09:06:17

You dont need the receipt - (ex H&M slave here) the staff will know what season stock they are - if you can give them a rough idea of the date they were purchased - or if you paid by card take your statement, but they really dont need any proof for a faulty item. If you get a narky manager they may insist that you have a merchandise card as opposed to a cash refund - DO NOT ACCEPT THIS! They are crafty buggers for doing this, if they do try this then dont accept the refund, call head office and complain - they will sort the situation. HTH smile

TheNewWitchOfSWL Sat 29-Nov-14 21:26:37

Would I be able to swap for another item?

dexter73 Sat 29-Nov-14 21:41:38

I would just take them in, explain what has happened and what you would like to do e.g. swap them for something else, and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now