Talk

Advanced search

jeans recommendations? size 16ish, wobbly large post twin pregnancy tummy, large thighs and big calves

(18 Posts)
punchkins Sun 23-Nov-14 21:31:32

I know I'm asking a lot but I'd really love a pair of jeans that make me feel good! I'm trying to lose weight and get fit but in the meantime I desperately need some jeans as I live in them and all my pairs are too small around the tummy or have holes in them. Any ideas?

OneLittleLady Sun 23-Nov-14 21:52:22

I am the same, even down to the post twin body bit and i really rate the dorothy perkins ones. I wear the skinny ones and they fit just right.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 23-Nov-14 21:54:36

After dd was born I got some Gap legging jeans. Nicely high waisted to cover post baby wobble. They do need washing every 3-4 wears to keep their shape though.

DeadCert Sun 23-Nov-14 21:57:02

Matalan Jeggings £12. Bosh.

punchkins Sun 23-Nov-14 21:58:19

Thanks, I'd forgotten about dotty p. I'll check them out. I look awful in skinny jeans but I feel like a frump in bootcut these days, even though they're supposed to 'balance me out'. Maybe they'll have a straight ones I can try.

punchkins Sun 23-Nov-14 22:00:30

I should have added that I have short legs so I find leggings/jeggings look truly atrocious but maybe I'm doing it wrong? What do you wear on top if you have a podgy, flabby tummy to hide?

McFox Sun 23-Nov-14 22:02:08

The ASOS curve skinnies are really good. They come up small so the 18 fits my size 16 post cs belly really well. They are soft and comfortable and only £22.50 at the moment too smile

travailtotravel Sun 23-Nov-14 22:25:06

I have no such twin excuse, and am just lardy - I had to trawl the high street yesterday. I have ended up with a pair of Evans Skinny Bootcuts which are an odd thing when you consider it, but of all the options out there worked the best for me as I am short and skinnies look odd and bootcuts look mumsy and straight leg jeans make me think of my mother ironing a crease down the legs of mine ...

punchkins Mon 24-Nov-14 21:56:40

Right, I'm going to check out all of those. I seem to now be an apple shape whereas I used to be an hourglass with a small waist (sob), any suggestions for what to wear on top?
Travail - ahem, I may have neglected to mention that the twins are now three years old. But that just means that the tummy has had three years to get lardier and lardier, and I never knew my tummy could hang down!

BeCool Tue 25-Nov-14 14:46:14

I've always found Per Una jeans to be a fab fit (don't laugh)!

jessabell Tue 25-Nov-14 14:49:05

M and S collection fit me but need a long length. Per una don t fit. Wallis. Daughter likes Dorothy perkins.

Coffeeinapapercup Tue 25-Nov-14 21:50:18

M&s indigo slim bootleg. Awesome jeans

orangeplum Wed 26-Nov-14 06:52:37

I would second M&S slim bootleg. Lots of support on tum and bum!

DrewOB Wed 26-Nov-14 11:08:37

similar body shape here, I'm loving the next lift and shape jeans (£45 each, lots of colours/ sizes). I have 3 of these so far and all other jeans feel infinitely inferior.

punchkins Thu 27-Nov-14 11:50:25

Why did I not think to ask here years ago?! I'll work my way around to all of these but in the meantime I went to Evans and tried on every single jean they had. I now own a wide leg pair (make think I'm a 40's starlet), super stretch skinny black jeans, and indigo jeggings. Still not sure about the jeggings but we'll see! I bought a yummy jumper dress from COS which (I think) looks good with skinnies and black boots but now I need some other big tops to cover down to mid thigh....

punchkins Thu 27-Nov-14 12:24:12

BeCool, I'm not laughing, promise! I always bypass the per una section but I'll give it a go...

BeCool Thu 27-Nov-14 13:25:01

grin

It's funny isn't it - if they fit your shape it's so great, and you just want to keep buying them forever. Per Una jeans and me just 'fit' - I've been wearing them in one form or another for years now and I can just buy them 'off the rack' and know they will fit well.

M&S are quite good for jeans as they do so many. How I discovered the PU ones is by going to M&S and taking every style of jean to the dressing room and trying them all on - just like you did with Evans.

Sometimes you've just got to put in the bum leg work.

ireallydontlikemonday Thu 27-Nov-14 18:48:29

I'm the same size and have post twin bump flab too. Next shape and lift or whatever they're called are amazing, high enough on the waist and a panel to hold the bulge in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now