Talk

Advanced search

leather jacket for dp advice

(8 Posts)
Mercedes Sun 23-Nov-14 21:07:31

I'd like to buy my dp a leather jacket for xmas. He doesn't want one that looks like a biker jacket or a bomber. He'd really like a smart one but I've not been able to find one. I've looked round some shops but they're all casual ones so I thought I'd ask for help

Mercedes Tue 25-Nov-14 23:22:03

Has no-one any ideas or suggestions?

50ShadesOfSummer Wed 26-Nov-14 06:47:35

I'm guessing that not a biker or bomber style rules most leather jackets out. (My DH has two leather jackets: one is a biker style and the other a bomber!)

What style did you have in mind?

coffeenut Wed 26-Nov-14 08:11:45

Yes sorry i was confused about what that would leave? A tailored leather jacket?

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 26-Nov-14 08:19:24

I think you need to ask him to look online for the kind of thing he means as I'm at a loss too! Something like this isn't a biker crossover shape or a padded puffy bomber but it still isn't smart. I searched Shopstyle for 'leather blazer' but nothing except bikers and bombers.

mrsrhodgilbert Wed 26-Nov-14 12:45:08

One with a belt round that's a little longer? DH as a Belstaff one, the panther, with a belt. I'm sure there must be other makes that do something similar.

Skinheadmermaid Wed 26-Nov-14 13:48:07

TK Maxx have a load in.

Mercedes Wed 26-Nov-14 20:59:34

Long time ago he had one that was in a donkey jacket style which was surprisingly smart. He's really looking for that again but I have a feeling he may have to wait until fashion changes.

I saw a leather jacket in debenhams but it was too thin and ore going out to pub smart rather than one that could be worn more often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now