Talk

Advanced search

Oops - please reassure me I'm not the only one gone mad internet shopping!

(10 Posts)
FruitBasedDrinkForALady Sun 23-Nov-14 21:06:03

I've just realised how much money I've spent online shopping in the last week! In my defence, I need a wardrobe overhaul and I've had my busiest month of the year (and biggest payday) so I've invested blown a chunk of it. I think I may have overdone it on the leather skirts... I'm definitely just filling holes in my wardrobe essentials, right?

in black and blue blush

really love this one (and it gets dispensation as a Christmas present)

black flowery skirt

blue flowery skirt

hoping this matches something

boots to wear with all of them

jumper to wear with all of them

traviata Sun 23-Nov-14 21:11:25

you got some great bargains there, it would have been rude not to. Lovely selection.

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Sun 23-Nov-14 21:41:04

Thank Traviata, that's what I was telling myself! I usually fill a basket online then ignore it until everything is sold out, but I made it to checkout this time. Mind you, I got a 20% discount code from M&S after leaving my basket for 24hrs - don't know if it was a coincidence, but it was very welcome.

ilovelamp2 Sun 23-Nov-14 21:46:36

Love everything you've chosen but you NEED more tops!

pinkyredrose Sun 23-Nov-14 21:49:09

The leather skirts are ace, you can dress them up or down and they'll go with tons of stuff. Good haul you got there OP!

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Sun 23-Nov-14 22:28:10

I'm going to wait and see what I have already to match whatever I keep before going on a trawl for tops/jumpers. My Christmas list for DH may be extended...

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Fri 28-Nov-14 00:36:47

Well, all of my shopping arrived today! I love the leather skirts, although I'll definitely have to get rid of that last half stone for the short ones <thinks skinny thoughts>. The flowery skirts are lovely, especially the blue one, but will be going back - too full for my childbearing hips. I will be buried in the boots and M&S jumper though. All in all, a good haul!

burnishedsilver Fri 28-Nov-14 12:41:56

Glad to hear it all worked out. I ordered the jumper when you posted first. It's being delivered this afternoon. You're a bad influence ;-)

I've had a splurge for me this week too smile haven't bothered with myself much for ages but needed some new winter bits and can be so fussy (and my big boobs don't help!) so I treated myself. Didn't cost an insane amount but more than I would normally spend on me in recent years

Got this bargain coat (ignore it's from sports direct,it's not sporty!!) www.sportsdirect.com/kangol-duffle-jacket-ladies-667128?colcode=66712822

Boots www.clarks.co.uk/p/26104356 (had to be sensible as walk loads,but better than most slightly more practical ones and sooo comfy!)

These two jumpers that have just this second arrived and I'm totally in love with,so soft,warm and comfy and pretty! www.whitestuff.com/womens/knitwear/purple-hairy-heart-knit/

www.whitestuff.com/womens/knitwear/winter-hymn-jumper/

And also got a nice burgundy tee that I can't link to.

Now I'm thinking I need a scarf and wondering if my Brakeburn stag bag may not look right with my gorgeous new coat (was bought for practicality)!

Got a £20 gift card from White Stuff free with my order,do I use it to buy a scarf or get a scarf elsewhere and put the gift card towards either the starry starry jumper or the tweed city dress?decisions decisions!

Feels nice to have a little haul,doesn't it smile

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Sun 30-Nov-14 22:30:36

Burnished I'm very glad I'm a bad influence...I'm feeling very Mae West now!

TripTrap that's some good shopping. I think I'd go for the dress, very nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now