Talk

Advanced search

Winter Graduation Ceremony outfit

(4 Posts)
fitflopqueen Sun 23-Nov-14 18:19:43

Dd's graduation shortly, it will be an afternoon occasion, we will travel from early morning and have an overnight stay. We plan to celebrate at a nice place in the evening.
Only have hand luggage.
Any suggestions appreciated, what is the form generally?

dreamingofsun Sun 23-Nov-14 21:07:28

we did our son's in the summer. the thing that impressed me most was the broad range of clothes people wore. some looked like they were walking the dog - black jeggings, flat shoes, tshirt; others looked like they had fallen out of night clubs/were hookers - fattish women with short tight skirts, lots of nylon; a few looked like they were going to weddings (suits/hats) but not many. I wore a slighly posher than my average dress and a cashmere cardi and some of my nicer higher shoes and felt fine.

in future thats what i will choose - one of my better dresses and my best cardis, tights (winter) and shoes. OK so i won't be one of the trendiest mums, but i won't look as if i've been booted out of a nightclub

fitflopqueen Mon 24-Nov-14 08:04:38

Thanks, I do have nice dress, shoes, coat etc but all very dark, perhaps a nice scarf etc will be sufficient to brighten up a December day.

LightastheBreeze Mon 24-Nov-14 12:01:53

What you've got sounds fine and a bright scarf will brighten it up nicely. DS's was in the summer and I wore a very average priced, nice M&S dress and new sandals and felt I had dressed about right. As dreamingofsun says there was a lot of variety in the outfits worn by people. DH wore chinos and a shirt and looked smart but comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now