Talk

Advanced search

curly girl method, those just co-washing, what conditioner are you using?

(14 Posts)
nipersvest Sun 23-Nov-14 11:44:32

i have wavy hair which is colour treated and heat styled, have decided to carry on colouring but give it a rest from the heat and leave to air dry. am wanting to give curly girl a try as i think it'll make the most of the wavy and sort the friz. have read up, and have got my head round what to do but am a bit confused about the washing products side.

it says to use sulfate/silicone free shampoo but then also talks about washing in just conditioner, no shampoo at all, which is right?

also, if washing in conditioner, which brand?, any suggestions?

not sure if this will work for me as i usually use purple tinted shampoo to counter act blonde brassiness, but figured if i'm washing less, it'll fade less. hopefully wink

Mariposa1 Sun 23-Nov-14 12:28:10

I've been using this for a few months now and highly recommend it. I wash my hair with it and then use a few pumps as a leave-in conditioner and my curls look and feel great! It's not expensive and a little goes a long way.

ARGHtoAHHH Sun 23-Nov-14 12:32:24

Watching with interest as I intend to start Co washing my wavy hair.

Winter plays havoc with my hair. Need to try something new.

goodasitgets Sun 23-Nov-14 12:58:49

I use Morrisons jojoba one as its cheap for washing, then the garnier naturals or whatever it's called, usually the brown bottle (cocoa butter?) for conditioning

ForSaleChesterDraws Sun 23-Nov-14 15:26:25

I've been using the same Palmers one that Mariposa has linked to.

nipersvest Mon 24-Nov-14 08:47:41

thanks, have ordered the palmers one. am going for a trim today as its been about 6 months since i last had it cut then will start trying co-washing out. have been reading curly girl forums and about my hair type, i did this quiz and i'm a 2b, wavy curly, so i might be best following moderate curly girl, will see how it goes.

ARGHtoAHHH Mon 24-Nov-14 08:56:46

I'm a 2b too.

How long is your hair, nipersvest? Mine is below shoulder length. I'm so bored of it. It goes so flat and lifeless in winter. But I'm too much of a coward to cut it short. Just don't think it would suit me.

ARGHtoAHHH Mon 24-Nov-14 08:57:47

When I saw below shoulder, I mean longer than armpit level! Not sure I am making sense.

nipersvest Mon 24-Nov-14 09:01:44

mines arm pit level with long layers and a fringe, fringe is a recent addition although have had one in the past. i tend to blow dry the fringe then leave the rest to air dry.

after years of babylis big hair, straighteners etc to battle the curl, i am finding it refreshing to just give up and embrace it!

ZaraW Mon 24-Nov-14 09:04:50

I use Deva Curl Shampoo my hair doesn't feel clean washing with conditioner. I have Boticelli curls and it works well.

daimbardiva Mon 24-Nov-14 10:23:26

It's really a matter of trisl and error. I have wavy hair too but found I do need a little bit of shampoo, cowahing was making my hair a bit lank. Am really enjoying not being a slave to strsightners anymore, and thinking of growing out my fringe so that I don't have to blowdry either.

I like naked bounce (although unfortunately being discontinued) and loreal everriche.

Knittingbat Wed 26-Nov-14 10:25:16

Try Tesco coconut and almond conditioner which is a bargainous 80p for a large bottle. Prefer it to the palmers (although that's also good) because it's thin and therefore easy to get all over your head. Tea tree in same range also good, Tresemme naturals also good and I use L'oreal ever sleek (need to be careful to get the cone free one) on the ends.

brokenhearted55a Wed 26-Nov-14 11:17:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nipersvest Wed 26-Nov-14 12:03:09

am going to start off with the palmers, am at home with poorly ds and a new kitten so not had a shower yet! just about to give co-washing my first try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now