Talk

Advanced search

What is the best affordable priced foundation?

(35 Posts)
Wandathewindfairy Sun 23-Nov-14 07:32:41

I usually use Clarins Silk Illusions but I am trying to save the pennies a little as I no longer work.

So I am looking for a off the shelf rather than an over the counter foundation but I am confused by them. I do need a decent coverage as I am early forties but nothing too cakey.

Any help out there? confused

PunkrockerGirl Sun 23-Nov-14 07:49:23

I've just bought Max Factor Skin Luminiser. Very impressive results - good coverage and not at all cakey.

NotTodaySatan Sun 23-Nov-14 08:06:45

YY the Skin Luminizer is lovely. It had a slightly mousse-y texture and applies beautifully.

I also love Bourjois Healthy Mix (Regular not the Serum version). It's gorgeous.

L'oreal True Match and Revlon ColourStay are two other great coverage drugstore foundations.

Antidote Sun 23-Nov-14 08:07:51

Try bourjois healthy mix serum or their cc cream. Both have really nice natural finish with no cakeyness.

The healthy something powder is lovely too.

Apparently, bourjois and chanel make-up are made by the same company, but that might be bollocks

bberry Sun 23-Nov-14 08:16:34

Bourjour healthy serum ....

V similar to Chanel pro lumiere..

minkymuskyslyoldstoaty Sun 23-Nov-14 08:16:37

i am a Clarins wearer so marking place for ideas.

Fifibluebell Sun 23-Nov-14 08:26:04

Healthy mix serum here too, although I switch between the healthy mix and bourjois 123 perfect which is meant to be more matte. I still get a nice glow because my skin is like a grease monkey but if you aren't oily definitely healthy mix it's lovely!

GiniCooper Sun 23-Nov-14 08:34:02

Another vote for bourjois.
I use the 123 as a previous poster mentioned, I'm oily so it suits.
The healthy mix is a lovely texture but just doesn't last on my skin.

Lottapianos Sun 23-Nov-14 08:37:43

Yes, Bourjois and Chanel products are made in same factory

I love Rimmel Match Perfection or Wake Me Up

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 23-Nov-14 10:48:14

Revlon colour stay.

dottytablecloth Sun 23-Nov-14 10:53:55

This is just a thought but could you mix the foundation you already use with a little bit of moisturiser to make it last longer?

I just think once you find a foundation you love nothing else really matches up!

Darkchocsprinkles Sun 23-Nov-14 10:58:39

Bourjois healthy mix serum smile

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Sun 23-Nov-14 11:00:30

Bourjois healthy mix (not serum, the normal one).

I really like the Soap and Glory one and their stuff is pretty much permanently on offer too, so you could buy the foundation and two lipsticks for about £20. The lipsticks are brilliant. smile

OttiliaVonBCup Sun 23-Nov-14 11:25:15

Healthy Mix Serum, it's really good stuff.

coffeenut Sun 23-Nov-14 11:25:32

revlon colorstay.

Lndnmummy Sun 23-Nov-14 15:07:22

I dont get on with healthy mix it has too much perfume in it so my skin breaks out. Think i might try loreal or max factor next

gonegrey56 Sun 23-Nov-14 15:18:21

The BD Trade Secrets (Barbara Daly) powder foundation from Tesco. Recently reformulated. I really like this, and you can layer it where you need more coverage but it does not go "cakey". I am fair and use shade Shell 1. An excellent product! Sometimes on 3 for 2 as well .

missmartha Sun 23-Nov-14 15:20:59

After almost a year of Bourjois Healthy Mix, I succumbed to Max Factor Skin Luminiser yesterday and like it a lot.

The coverage is great and sometimes you just need a change.

Roonerspism Sun 23-Nov-14 15:21:23

I have a loreal one - it's called luminescence or something to do with light reflecting.

I really like it. Healthy mix didnt work for me either, due to the perfume in it (that is my complaint with all Bourjois stuff)

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 23-Nov-14 15:36:30

I was spectacularly underwhelmed with healthy mix too.

Nightboattocairo Sun 23-Nov-14 15:40:00

Love healthy mix, I no longer buy Chanel vitalumiere, it's a great dupe. I find the best results when I apply with a brush then blot with tissue immediately. Great stuff.

Wandathewindfairy Sun 23-Nov-14 15:57:22

Thanks everyone! This is brilliant. I am going shopping with armed with a list tomorrow!

whitebits Sun 23-Nov-14 18:13:20

Just got a tester of Lily Lolo mineral foundation and really liking it. Used EL Double Wear for years and loved it until is started to really age me, then flirted with Revlon Colourstay (felt it aged me too) then was wearing Max Factor Facefinity for a while but it doesn't last on me. Been using Lily Lolo for about 4 days now and the finish is lovely.

Wandathewindfairy Sun 23-Nov-14 18:34:15

Can you get Lily Lolo in a regular chemist? Prob is am a bit out in sticks? I know I get get Bourjois, L'oreal and Rimmel as well as Cjarins and Clinique but not sure about other stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now