Talk

Advanced search

Wavy/curly hair products?

(13 Posts)
AndThisIsTrue Sat 22-Nov-14 14:15:56

I would like to stop straightening my hair so much but my natural hair is stupidly thick wavy/curly shoulder length. Can any one give me some tips/product recommendation for dealing with my hair without it turning into a big frizzball?!Thanks!

papalazaru Sat 22-Nov-14 14:28:39

There's two I like. Bumble & Bumble curl conscious defining creme and Kiehl's Creme with silk Groom. Best thing I ever did was give in to the curl ��

TrinityForce Sat 22-Nov-14 14:29:50

I use Boots Curl Creme (pink goop in a clear tub) I think it's only £1 and brilliant.

I only use a tiny bit, straight after showering... too much makes it crunchy and eurgh.

PinkSparklyElephant Sat 22-Nov-14 14:47:09

I like No Inhibition Curl Definer. It's expensive but even my thick, unruly hair only needs a small amount.

Superherosidekick Sat 22-Nov-14 15:23:22

Are you using the curly girl method? If not I really recommend it.

Charlieneedscoffee Sat 22-Nov-14 18:38:09

Adveda Be Curly. Amazing stuff! smile

MotherBluestocking Sat 22-Nov-14 18:53:33

Moroccanoil for conditioning. Bumble and Bumble leave-in conditioner to tame frizz. Still searching for a product to define and hold curls without crispiness or oil.

makkahakka Sat 22-Nov-14 19:20:27

i use a very inexpensive product called frizz buster on my dd corkscrew curls and it really defines and maintains the curls and stops it tangling. got it for a fiver from an afro Caribbean hair shop and has lasted ages. have seen it on ebay and Amazon too will post a link later

Ujjayi Sat 22-Nov-14 23:25:23

Sebastian Whipped Creme. Leaves curls soft & defined. No stickiness or crunchiness.

Pixa Sat 22-Nov-14 23:33:36

No brushing, just combing. If you must use a brush I would recommend a tangle teezer.

Coconut oil treatments and then the body shop rainforest range for shampoo and conditioner.

I have found they really improved my hair condition. I have really big curly hair, it used to be quite dry but the coconut oil works wonders.

Best of luck OP.

AndThisIsTrue Sun 23-Nov-14 09:33:06

Oh brilliant thanks for the suggestions! Will go look for some of these products today. Have never heard of the curly girl method, will go look that up as well. Do most of you let your hair dry naturally or blow dry it?

Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 23-Nov-14 09:37:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Superherosidekick Sun 23-Nov-14 09:40:59

I use Devacurl ultra defining gel. It 'sets' the curls then you scrunch it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now