Talk

Advanced search

Is there a product that will stop my hair going 'bouffant' in the rain?

(10 Posts)
dottytablecloth Sat 22-Nov-14 12:52:25

It's not frizz but my hair tends to lift up and messy and bedraggled in rain or moisture!

I left the house this morning with a lovely sleek blow dry and when I came back from my walk I looked like I hadn't bothered.

I use aveda heat spray but nothing else after I wash and condition.

Is there something else I should be using?

louwn Sat 22-Nov-14 13:39:21

Hairspray is the only thing that even remotely works for me, but would be interested to hear others recommendations too : )

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 22-Nov-14 13:41:59

A plastic rain bonnet?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 22-Nov-14 13:43:00

Tigi hope out balm.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 22-Nov-14 13:43:23

Blow out balm

MardyBra Sat 22-Nov-14 13:48:42

Marking place. I have the same problem.

LeoandBoosmum Sat 22-Nov-14 14:05:58

Ditto. My hair is so fine (though I have a fair amount of it) that it fuzzes up within seconds of going outside/ or outside then back indoors in the winter! I would love recs too although I am very sensitive and can't use fragranced stuff around the front (near my face)...

LeoandBoosmum Sat 22-Nov-14 14:06:53

I can't tolerate hairspray either (although I've never liked the feel or look of it anyway even when I wasn't as reactive to stuff as I am now).

Arlagirl Sat 22-Nov-14 14:12:18

I use Orofluido elixir oil and it seems to stop my poker straight hair from bouffing

AwesomeSuperTasty Sat 22-Nov-14 14:20:45

Had some success after ditching my john frienda shampoo and going with Aveda volumizing shampoo. Also started using l'anza smooth balm and thermal defence spray with hairspray afterwards. It's better but still doesn't eliminate the problem!

My hair dresser told me the trick is to make fine hair heavier with e .g volumizing product, and that has helped up to a point.

Would love to hear more suggestions though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now