Talk

Advanced search

help! perm questions, before/after pics

(15 Posts)
DarylDixonsDarlin Sat 22-Nov-14 01:14:13

I had my hair permed yesterday for the first time ever, my 48 hours are up tomorrow and I can wash it (though was advised to leave until Sunday if possible, so 72h).

My question is - how much should the curl 'fall down' during this time I am waiting to wash it? My hair seems to have returned to a slightly bedraggled version of its natural look! Is it going to be all fine and dandy when I've washed it, or is this it now confused shock

DarylDixonsDarlin Sat 22-Nov-14 01:19:05

Stupidly I didn't take a pic right after it was done - was busy faffing around for the.rest of the day so didn't actually take the.first pic (stripy top) about 1am, so 13h after it was completed.

The second pic is this evening, so 36h after.

DarylDixonsDarlin Sat 22-Nov-14 01:22:26

And this is my usual hair before, although I'd blow dried it that day so it was looking tidier than usual...

I know, I know, I'm asking the same question myself hmm just fancied a change

lordStrange Sat 22-Nov-14 01:44:48

It's not curly is it? I think it's a demo-wave or some such. Not horrible at all though, just tousled instead of actual curls.

lordStrange Sat 22-Nov-14 01:45:18

demo? demi wave.

MyMeMy Sat 22-Nov-14 07:45:08

Hmm, I'm not sure it'll be much curlier when you wash it, but hang on in there for the time being... sorry that isn't very helpful but I really posted to say your hair is beautiful!

ZaraW Sat 22-Nov-14 07:58:49

As others have said it is not curly but it does look really good. Maybe a diffuser and curl activating cream might work? I have curly hair so I may be totally wrong............

DarylDixonsDarlin Sat 22-Nov-14 14:36:44

Thanks blush I'm not terribly disappointed, i can live with it
.. more just puzzled that the curls seem to have dropped out so much already confused

Will report back after washing!

Right now, its almost totally straight, 48 hours is up and I'm off to the shower in a min <eek>

Greengardenpixie Sat 22-Nov-14 19:18:00

If it really comes out i would go back to the hairdressers!!! I think it will probably curl up. smile

Fcukfifa Sat 22-Nov-14 19:26:48

How did it go?

What kind of curls was you after in the first place?

You could probably have achieved the first two pictures by adding a bit of mousse and sea salt spray to your natural hair

WhyIRayLiotta Sun 23-Nov-14 09:15:31

How did it go OP?

Honeydragon Sun 23-Nov-14 15:51:23

That doesn't look right. If anything the curls should be tighter than you want, as the perm will drop somewhat, but not that much.

jasmine1979 Tue 02-Dec-14 13:59:41

Bumping, as I was also wondering what happened with this op? smile

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 02-Dec-14 19:20:20

Ah yes id forgotten about this one blush well my hair is a total flop, I dunno what has gone wrong but its terrible...i will update with a picture tomorrow after washing my hair, but basically for the last few days I've been blow drying it straight with my normal brush and it looks just like my before picture but slightly thicker confused

When left to dry naturally its a frigging mess tbh and I cant do anything with it.

jasmine1979 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:43:10

Thanks for the update. smile
I had a very similar thing happen to me many years ago after a perm. I also ended up drying it straight nearly everyday as it was so bad. It did make it seem thicker, but it also trashed the condition of my hair doing that (I lost about 5 inches or so from it gradually just snapping I think), so make sure you condition lots!
Have you been back to the hairdressers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now