Talk

Advanced search

Joe Browns?

(19 Posts)
fairylightsintheloft Fri 21-Nov-14 22:35:23

any opinions on their stuff? I used to wear it back in my student days - just wonder how its viewed now? Also is fit / quality good? I am 38 but apparently look like a student still smile, short, sz 12. (ish) thanks x

Allstoppedup Fri 21-Nov-14 22:49:47

Used to love their stuff and the last two orders the quality and fit has been VERY disappointing. I complained about the quality of a coat I bought as the lining stitching and buttons fell apart the first time I wore it. They sent me a voucher to apologise, I ordered some more stuff and that was faulty too.

I messaged them saying how I was let down and was offered another voucher which I turned down.

Debenhams actually sell some of their stock in store now so at least you could check quality before purchase if there was something you liked. I still think the designs are lovely but quality doesn't live up to the price tag.

fairylightsintheloft Sat 22-Nov-14 11:47:51

Thanks - will check out Debenhams - hate buying clothes online anyway

CaulkheadUpNorth Sat 22-Nov-14 11:48:47

I get their stuff on eBay. I love their skirts, but don't rate the tops massively.

HappyGirlNow Sat 22-Nov-14 12:17:47

I had a look in one of their catalogues about 5 years ago.. I hated EVERYTHING... That was a while ago but every time something is linked to on here I hate it too.. But each to their own eh..

HappyGirlNow Sat 22-Nov-14 12:22:38

I mean REALLY?? Who the hell would wear this??

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sat 22-Nov-14 12:27:41

It's all very desigual in style. The fabrics are heinous though. Very polyester heavy.

TheRealMaudOHara Sat 22-Nov-14 12:31:34

Yuk.

pantsjustpants Sat 22-Nov-14 12:34:01

Not nearly as good as it used to be, and really expensive for what it is!

I sent my last order back.

Allstoppedup Sat 22-Nov-14 18:21:11

Happygirl I have that dress in a slightly older colour design!blush

To be fair, I rarely like anything I've seen on the high street and a lot of their designs work well with layering/my slightly hippy beatnik wardrobe! I'm sure many people wouldn't like it but I guess it's a personal thing! grin

wanders off with a dippy smile wearing my flowery doc martens and 70s Afghan coat

HappyGirlNow Sat 22-Nov-14 19:57:43

Oops sorry allstoppedup you're right - we're all different grinblushblush

Allstoppedup Sat 22-Nov-14 20:01:52

Haha! It made me giggle actually and momentarily wonder how embarrassing I'm going to be for DS when he gets old enough to care!

Romcom Sat 22-Nov-14 21:49:17

I find most of it too out there, but they do fantastic coats. I have two and I am always complimented on them.

Showy Sat 22-Nov-14 22:07:08

<drifts after Allstoppedup positively reeking of patchouli>

I have a lot of Joe Browns but older stuff from charity or ebay. Recent stuff is not great quality. Nomads, Namaste, Gringo, Uttam all better. If I had money, I'd shop at Gudrun Sjoden.

Allstoppedup Sat 22-Nov-14 22:33:47

Ahh Showy in my student days my patchouli oil covered a whole manner of sins...wink

I agree, though, eBay is good for the odd JB bargain/place to find similar style at a more reasonable price!

HappyGirlNow Sat 22-Nov-14 22:42:03

I think I will resign from this thread allstoppedup grin blush - Apologies to those I may have offended...

Fruityb Sat 22-Nov-14 22:42:50

I ordered two things from there recently and had to send them back. One was supposed to be a dress that came to the knee on the model but on me was no longer than a t shirt. No better made than something I bought from everything5pounds.com! And this was 30 quid. Plus a shirt advertised as blue and white but when it came it was dirty grey and dirty blue.
Used to be lovely but think quality taken a massive nose dive.

LidlMermaid Sat 22-Nov-14 22:45:16

Quality is shit these days. I bought a coat and 2 buttons fell off as I was trying it on. I complained and they offered me 25% discount so I kept it as I really like it and it fits well but I doubt I'll order again.

BlueChampagne Sat 22-Nov-14 22:58:57

Showy love the style but will bear your alternatives in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now