Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Christmas night out - what to wear with fantastic off white trousers?

(6 Posts)
FruitBasedDrinkForALady Fri 21-Nov-14 22:12:50

I'm 5ft2, size 10/12. I have a pair of amazing heavy silk and wool off-white trousers. They have wide legs and a high waist. I have a Christmas night out with some very well dressed and exceptionally body conscious women, and I want to look gorgeous. I know they'll all be wearing bandage dresses so I thought the trousers might be a little different, but I need a great top to put with them. Any suggestions? Boobs are 32e and I have a delightful roll of flab between my belly button and ribs. I don't love the tops of my arms, but I could hold my arms away from my body for the night if I need to.

My opening gambit is this faux leather Oasis top.

HappyGirlNow Sat 22-Nov-14 10:57:59

I like the top but if the trousers are high waisted wouldn't you rather show that off with a shorter top that ends at the waist or tucks in?

burnishedsilver Sat 22-Nov-14 11:36:18

Coast

tb Sat 22-Nov-14 12:16:23

Anything on pepperberry - the clothes part of Bravissimo? The new catalogues arrived this morning, and sometimes they have nice tops.

HappyGirlNow Sat 22-Nov-14 12:24:20

Like the one burnished linked to - think that's the dimensions you're after, either cropped to the waist or tucks in..

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Sat 22-Nov-14 19:12:16

That top is lovely, burnished, thanks. I hadn't thought about cropped so that broadens my search! I find pepperberry a bit hit and miss, but I'll look there too. Based on the cropped idea, I might actually have something hidden away that will work so I'll have to have myself a fashion show later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: