Talk

Advanced search

Dior Star or Dior Nude??

(18 Posts)
yazzy85 Fri 21-Nov-14 22:02:30

If you've tried both of these, which do you rate as being better?

yazzy85 Fri 21-Nov-14 22:02:56

for foundations, forgot to mention that

yazzy85 Sat 22-Nov-14 13:56:10

Anyone??

dazzlingdeborahrose Sat 22-Nov-14 16:31:13

I use nude and love it. I was going to try star but they don't have a direct colour match for nude so I'd have to go a shade darker or lighter. I didn't bother. It's had rave reviews but why not try both and see which one you prefer.

QuinnFabray Sat 22-Nov-14 16:34:40

I really like Nude but tried the Star and didn't like it at all. The nude is lightweight, skin like, luminous. The Star was much fuller coverage but also felt heavier and mask like. I know it's had great reviews but it didn't work for me.

yazzy85 Sat 22-Nov-14 17:26:11

Thanks ladies. Does the nude last longer on the skin?

BuzzardBird Sat 22-Nov-14 17:27:50

You need some samples yazzy. Love Dior.

Lndnmummy Sat 22-Nov-14 17:40:36

Yes get some samples. Have just tried the star after all the hype i have heard about it but feel abit meh about it all.

TheBuskersDog Sat 22-Nov-14 18:04:27

I had a sample of the Star and loved it, it feels light but gives good coverage - I suppose it depends what you want/need. I haven't tried the Nude, is it better for an everyday non-made up look?

Carpaccio Sat 22-Nov-14 18:38:33

They are really good with samples of Star at the moment - I got a massive sample today - must be enough for a week or two.
I haven't tried the Star one yet, but will tomorrow.

Diorskin Nude is my favourite foundation and has been for years. IMO it's medium coverage. I have dehydrated, oily skin and the foundation looks amazing on my skin. It wears well and doesn't look unnatural or too made up - it just evens out my skin tone in a really nice, natural way.

I'll try to update this tomorrow after wearing the foundation for a while.

The Dior lady told me that Nude is more like a BB cream (IMO it's a medium coverage foundation so I don't agree with that) and that Star is more of a 'proper' foundation with more coverage.

yazzy85 Sat 22-Nov-14 19:29:53

Thanks ladies. Carpaccio my skin is oily dehydrated too, look forward to hearing what you think of both!! I can't get to the shops for a sample at the moment so any advice would be helpful smile

Arlagirl Sat 22-Nov-14 19:32:24

I hated Star...had a nightmare getting colour matched then didn't like texture

yazzy85 Sat 22-Nov-14 20:50:49

I really like double wear light for going out but want something light for day to day so thats why I was thinking dior nude or star

pebblestack Sat 22-Nov-14 22:04:46

I've been using Star for a couple of months after having tried a sample that lasted a good fortnight. It did get a couple of attempts to get the shade right, and it does dry quite quickly so you need to be quite speedy when applying. Still, I like it - the finish is glowy and natural on me, not too 'done'.

dazzlingdeborahrose Sat 22-Nov-14 22:05:01

I've used nude on holiday in some fairly hot places and it has good staying power. It's a very natural look I think. Not too heavy just a better version of me.

Carpaccio Sun 23-Nov-14 18:47:41

After a day of wearing Diorskin Star, I have to admit that I am not a fan.

It looks nice on the skin when I've just applied it but now my T-zone is quite shiny and the foundation seems to have worn away in areas. I didn't wear a primer and didn't set with powder. I usually set my foundation with powder and it does make the foundation last longer but I didn't have time today. When I've worn Nude without powder, it has lasted better than the Star did today.

I don't think that the coverage was amazing - light to medium. I found it to be a bit less than Diorskin Nude. I also think I had to apply more of the foundation to get it to cover my whole face than I usually do with Diorskin Nude (and I don't like a thick layer of foundation).

The shade I got was 010 which is also what I use in Diorskin Nude in winter. The shade suits me perfectly - Star just doesn't seem to be the foundation for me.

yazzy85 Sun 23-Nov-14 19:04:34

Thanks dazzling its good to hear it holds up when humid outdoors and thanks Carpaccio for the update too. You guys have convinced me to go for dior nude smile

Carpaccio Sun 23-Nov-14 19:43:18

I really recommend getting samples - they are usually really generous with the samples, and especially with the Star foundation right now.

Not only to test if the formulation works for you, but also to ensure that the colour is right - sometimes foundations oxidise (get darker/more orange) during the day and it's nice to know before spending around £30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now