Talk

Advanced search

I need a new handbag but I am very fussy...

(18 Posts)
Raptorrrethy Fri 21-Nov-14 19:10:25

Does anyone have a few mins and would like to help me find a new bag?? A virtual wine for any contributors smile

So…budget is £200 tops.
Prefer leather and not too shiny-shiny so it doesn't scratch.
Good quality.
I like a structured style rather than slouchy and it must have a zip top or flap over, not magnetic popper.
Cross body strap would be good and I like grab handles too (greedy, moi?)
Must be sort of classic and elegant confused
Colour - nice browns/ tan
Not too big, not too small ((helpful))

I shall put the DCs to bed and await the flood of suggestions grin

Modalu have a fair few around that budget - leather is good quality IMO

Raptorrrethy Fri 21-Nov-14 19:56:19

Thanks, I haven't looked at modalu...will check it out!

So far I've looked at:
Oushka
Peony and Moore
Radley
Boden
John Lewis
Red Direct

boodles Fri 21-Nov-14 20:00:24

Totally recommend mimi berry. Handmade in the uk. Beautiful leather smile

Cahu5 Fri 21-Nov-14 21:11:22

Have a look at DKNY. I have just bought my second and the quality is very good for the price. Also there is a brand event coming up next weekend at house of Fraser so may will be reduced ...

Alphabetsy Fri 21-Nov-14 21:19:35

www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Accessories/Bags/FAUNA-Small-leather-tote-bag-Tan/p/115448-27-TAN

Deserved of wine?

Corygal Fri 21-Nov-14 21:28:56

Seconding Mimi Berry and Modalu.

Raptorrrethy Fri 21-Nov-14 22:48:09

Alphabetsy, it's not my cup of tea...confused But have a wine anyway for making the effort to find something!

Modalu - I like the look of the mini pippa but think it's maybe too teeny for all my crap essentials. The
Medium and large don't have a longer strap.

I am not keen on the mimi berry bags either although I love the philosophy and the fact they're made in England!

McAvennie Sat 22-Nov-14 08:39:13

Massimo Dutti?

Raptorrrethy Sun 23-Nov-14 21:01:16

Thanks again...I've ordered one from Radley that hopefully ticks all my many boxes! Very excited about its arrival grin

Ponks Sun 23-Nov-14 21:14:27

Oo, which one have you ordered? Am looking for similar (ie looking for a bag but not too sure other than cross body, zip, handles etc)

nipersvest Mon 24-Nov-14 08:57:59

i am a fan of fossil bags, this one is one my list of favorites.

Raptorrrethy Wed 03-Dec-14 16:34:29

nipersvest beware…I had that exact bag, the Preston Flap, from Fossil (in the sand colour they had at the time) for my birthday back in August. A couple of weeks of using it and the strap was cracking at the ends, where it attaches to the bag. I returned the bag to Fossil and exchanged it for another…a week later the same thing was happening angry
This time I wanted a refund but they refused…hence the credit note I ended up with, which I started a previous about!
In the end, after months of complaining, they gave me the refund but it put me right off Fossil…

ponks I have got the medium Portland Place in tan smile and I am delighted with it - it ticks all my boxes!

Raptorrrethy Wed 03-Dec-14 16:35:39

Correction - I started a previous THREAD about…(must preview before posting…)

SuperFlyHigh Wed 03-Dec-14 17:28:55

DKNY - I have a textured black leather bag, structured and it's great, I'd get a different model as the flap tends to come undone (not bag's fault my fault) but its very nice.

would Michael Kors make you run screaming? buy from Saks I think and get delivered for free at US prices

SuperFlyHigh Wed 03-Dec-14 17:29:50

Cahu that's where I got mine in the HOF event this time last year, great bag.

Madamecastafiore Wed 03-Dec-14 17:31:03

What about Coach?

Raptorrrethy Wed 03-Dec-14 17:49:07

Thanks all, now very happy with my Radley (dog and all grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now