Talk

Advanced search

What type/style of dress might suit me

(7 Posts)
ViperActive Fri 21-Nov-14 18:18:49

For work xmas party. I'm a tall 'big boned' size 18/20. About 5ft 11. Hate my arms so can't be sleeveless. What do you think might be flattering if poss? Nothing clingy as my tum is all squidge still from baby 1 year old now. Any help appreciated. Thank you

ViperActive Sat 22-Nov-14 19:43:23

Bumpety bump

tethersend Sat 22-Nov-14 20:40:08

What's your budget?

How about something like this or this?

tethersend Sat 22-Nov-14 20:48:32

Lace

ViperActive Wed 26-Nov-14 21:12:46

Sorry for late to come back to this,

Budget around £30-£50??

I like the blue HOF one but seems it might be too tight around midriff ?

FlossyMoo Thu 27-Nov-14 00:46:15

Black

Festive

goingmadinthecountry Thu 27-Nov-14 21:31:23

The HOF dress is the only one I'd even contemplate. The rest are those naff cheap looking but overpriced dresses they think they can get away with selling to larger people. The fabric will give off sparks, I promise. Not much help, I know.

Do you wear heels? Do you have legs you are happy to flash around in black opaques even if not bare? Not liking to wear heels is a big one for me - I just feel huge and Fyona-ish in them.

This winter for dos of various types I'll be wearing www.hm.com/gb/product/58462?article=58462-A with an appropriate tummy covering top and stuff like this www.hm.com/gb/product/58462?article=58462-A witha stunning wrap. So much nicer than the dodgy fat girl stuff. Have a black jersey phase 8 dress like that last one - with low stilettos (more than kitten heels), fishnets and a fab wrap I always feel great. Mega necklace too obviously. I would never expose my arms by the way. I now have a wardrobe of maybe 5 outfits I love for going out in - Phase 8 (outlet stores are fab - avoid mother of bride stuff, Baukjen sale, bits put together from H and M etc. Am loving a sharp 80s look this year - oversized clutch bag and statement necklace.

I'm nearly 51 and don't have to wear those clothes. You definitely can look fantastic x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now